Oahu's live aboard dive boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hakuna Matata

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Aloha everyone, well I am sure many of you remember a post earlier this year about starting a live aboard here on Oahu. Well I am proud to say that the time is getting near. Needless to say between running a couple other boats and working on my boat time goes by pretty fast. I would love to start using the boat for diving now, but a few things still need to be buttoned up.

I am planning the inaugural launch around Thanksgiving and the 2007 holiday season. My web site is up and running but a few things still need to be completed. One of those things is the crew page. I am sure many of you will be happy to see who will be the instructors/divemasters. These guys have a wealth of local knowledge and are going to be a pleasure to have aboard. A friend of mine from Lake Tahoe who is a gourmet chef is coming over to work on the boat. This guy is sure to be everyones favorite.

I am working on doing a ongoing kama'aina weekend trip. Imagine boarding the boat in Ko'Olina around 5:00am on a Saturday morning and returning to the dock Sunday night after dinner and the final night dive. All those dive spots at Makua, Yokohamas, Kaena Point that rarely ever get dove. Personally I am looking forward to the night dives in this region with the boats underwater lights turned on.

Please visit my web site and feel free to contact me anytime with any questions or concerns. ...:::Hakunamatata Charters:::...

Jack

Best of luck. The crew page is blank. Also, what kind of rates are you thinking of for kama'aina? Really hope it all takes off.

Great idea!! I am looking at a diving vacation shortly after the first of the year to Hawaii. Would love to find out more info on this (prices)

$2400 per day??? Good luck!

Nice website.

MeiLing, yeah I saw that too...$2400 per day for 4 divers. That's $600.00 per person per day? Whoa! How good of a Gourmet cook is this guy and what's on the menu? Don't know too many locals who can/would shell out that kind of money. I could save up for a month, buy a dinghy, launch from Pray for Sex and Dive Makua myself for $2400.00.

Not trying to be cynical since I don't live there anymore, but is that price a mistake?

Cheers and Safe Diving,
R

Looks pretty much like a close to private (max 4 divers) two day, one over night, charter to me with unlimited tanks (I'm guessing at least 5-6 dives a day dives at pristine dive sites), all meals, snacks and beverages included...and according to the description of the boat, pretty much in style....it deserves a closer look.

you want to go twice? ($1200pp for a 2 day charter)

doing the math - an overnight stay at lets say ko'olina, 6 gormet meals, 10-12 dives, private charter, personal instructor.... it adds up.

Sure, it won't be for everyone - but those that can afford it will be willing to afford it.

Back
Top Bottom