Oahu in Nov. - Military discounts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think Aaron's extend the discount to former military unless you are retired and have a retiree id card, not just separated from the military...

Kaimana Divers doesn't have a military discount, but their prices are pretty reasonable. Check with Gabe and see how he can hook you up. Kaimana Divers: SCUBA Diving in Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii

I've now went diving with Kaimana divers and they are great too!!! Gabe is friendly, funny, and an all around great guy!

Thanx Crab Lover! I had a blast too!

In response to friendly treatment when someone calls to book 5 days of diving.... When divers call, I have spent a full hour on the phone setting up packages for people.

When I book a trip I look for an op that will do the same. Answer the questions, double check gear requirements start times, pickups etc.

Is customer service that hard folks?

I'm happy to answer any questions, but no phone calls today because my cell phone went in the drink! DOH!

Aloha,

G

Yep, same story here. I pay a little more for training, but about the same to less on gear at my shop. It is worth it though because I felt the exact same way about the customer service at OC. It is like they think since your military and their on a military base that you have no choice so it doesn't matter how they treat you.

I will agree with that. But it also depends on who is working. There are a few people there that are great, but yes I do notice the same thing more then not aswell!

I am military out here and these are the people I dive with:
Kaimana Divers w/ Gabe Scotti (scottitheduck)
Oeacn Concpets w/ Jo, Adam or Jen
Island Divers on Hickam AFB or Hawaii Kai
Dive Oahu is the Navy Exchange in Pearl City and up in Kunia

There are quite a few more and for the most part if you are diving on the same day I am then I can swing by a pick up no problems. I leave right up the street from your hotel so if you wanna dive we can get you to the boat no problems. good luck I should be back on island on thrusday the 15 till abot Dec 3rd so shoot me an email if you need anymore help with anything.

Thanks for all of the info. I will be calling around to set up some dives while I am out there on the 6th through the 11th. Getting set up for some sailing out of the Marine Base too.

It will be really nice getting in that bathtub water that you guys have out there. My dive on Thursday was a balmy 49 degrees and viz was about 20 feet here in the Puget Sound. This isn't the vast cold water waste land that everybody thinks it is, we have a lot of fish and the great pacific octopus to keep us diving. You just have to plan on every dive being a night dive and have a good compass to guide you. Oh, a good dry suit and warm fleece doesn't hurt :wink:

Toby

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom