Oahu Dive Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ianr33

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am going to be on Oahu next week (Business trip,tough life :D )

Would like to get in a day of diving,probably on Sunday 12th

Any suggestions for a good operator? Or,even better, would any Scubaboarders be interested in showing an English Texan around?

I'm a reasonably experienced diver.

Come back in January when I'm going to be there for 3 weeks and I'd be happy to buddy up.

In the meantime; you have read the threads. Lots of passionate plugging for several operators. Guess it all depends on what you want as there are very significant differences between types of operators. You can go back to my posts for my view. You can also read the posts of the "usual suspects" who live on the island and may, or may not, have personal biases and business interests. From that you can get some idea of what you want to do.

One thing for sure: When it comes to strongly held and voiced opinions about dive ops there is no shortage among the locals.

Ian,
I'm not sure about Sunday, but I'm pretty sure I will be diving on Saturday. Most likely a shore dive, with wind and surf to determine location. If you are interested respond or PM me. I have enough tanks for the both of us, and you need to let me know what gear you will be bringing.
If you are interested in a shop dive, try Welcome to Barefoot Scuba Divers
Safe Dives
Charlie

I had a really good experience with Island Divers Hawaii. That would be my only recommendation.

Back
Top Bottom