Oahu Dive Shops/Operators recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mahalo to all with for the great infos.

I did check out Island Divers in Hawaii Kai a while back for some advance mix air training; it was the first shop I looked at, so I didn't know if they are any good or if there are any better one out there.

I did check Xcel wet suit, but they told me I need to get custom fit for my XLS size. From what I have seen of most of the shops around here (including Ocean Concept) is that they don't have a lot of different brands/sizes in stocks; so I just want to play it safe and get the brand and sizes of something I know will fit. I might just have to buy it from the internet. Kind of strange that Breeze doesn't even show up on Oneill website as a dealer.
I will check Breeze and See in Sea this week.

Also thanks to Sherman, now I have to do more research on TDI vs NAUI certification for tech diving :(

Thanks again to everyone for the response.

Again take this with a grain of salt....

From what I have seen, there aren't many open circuit tech instructors on the island in the first place...and even fewer that have some sort of understanding behind what it is they are actually doing (stay away from the..."just follow your computer crowd")...I know I know... I am putting my flame retardent suit on now. Whatever you decide to do...INTERVIEW THE INSTRUCTOR before you decide on anything. The instructor is more important than the agency he or she teaches for.

You can find good info/list of things to ask at The Deco Stop

Again, just my opinion but Jo at IDH falls into the "I know what I am doing" category...that's why I am so fond of IDH, because they (1) Have the knowledge and skill to actually teach a wide variety of courses, and (2) know what the hell they are doing.

Either way, my website has my info and you can reach me at 805 709 2640 during the day...and my "office staff" (wife) will likely answer at which point I'll call you back ASAP.

Mahalo,

Sherman

no, but that's where I spent the previous 5-years of my life...and I don't like changing numbers.

Ah, so. Thought it was a typo. Spent most of my adult life in Ventura county with an 805 area code number.

yes, I miss california diving....this Hawaian 200 feet vis 75 degree water is just killing me...

What?? I had a good 15' of vis and 46 degrees last weekend! It just doesn't get any better than that.....

Hue
You made me laugh out loud with that comment!
Thanks

yes, I miss california diving....this Hawaian 200 feet vis 75 degree water is just killing me...

Aloha Everyone,

I have just moved to Honolulu area, and I am looking for the following recommendations:

1) Places to rent tanks (regular and nitrox)
2) Local stores to buy equipments (Oneil wet suit; dive computer)
3) Places to get more training (Dive Master; Instructor; Technical)
4) Boat dive operators to do trip with.
5) Spots for diving (shore or boat) in Oahua.
6) Place to get your stuffs services (Scuba Pro)

Mahalo

You might tell us where you live on Oahu. That might help a bit for making recommendations for tank rentals. Not knocking IDH, but if you are not military or don't live in Hawaii Kai or plan to dive on that side, it's a long drive just to rent or fill a tank!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom