O2 + CO analyzer choices.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like the same thing he linked, except yours is from leisurepro and his was from amazon. It's an adapter so you can use things like the delrin adapter for the scubapro sized low pressure QD hose.

I think I probably will just skip the delrin adapter. My current nitrox analyzer (Maxtec Handi+) came with a similar adapter. The different sizes make it simpler to just not use them. In the case of the maxtec, you just unscrew the ball and replace it with a hose that has a connector for the lp hose. I'm not sure if I like the divenav implementation more or less than that.

Is there any chance divenav or cool hardware could make an adapter for scubapro lpi connectors directly? I'd prefer that to buying a second adapter for the original delrin adapter.

Or better yet, open source a drawing so I could cut one on the cnc lathe at our local hackerspace... eh? nudge nudge, wink wink.

I hope this thing takes off.. at least one LDS owner I've talked to wants to check it out and is hoping to eventually be able to sell the cootoo. I think it could bring CO testing into the mainstream since it will no longer be an extra step, and the device really isn't much more than a nitrox analyzer from analox or maxtec.

...... My current nitrox analyzer (Maxtec Handi+) came with a similar adapter. ...... In the case of the maxtec, you just unscrew the ball and replace it with a hose that has a connector for the lp hose.......
Their connector for the LP hose includes a flow reducer.
You could get our barbed adapter for cootwo and keep using maxtec adapter :wink:

...... Is there any chance divenav or cool hardware could make an adapter for scubapro lpi connectors directly? I'd prefer that to buying a second adapter for the original delrin adapter. .....
And where do I get (for a reasonable price) the male connector for the scubapro LPI connector?
Keep in mind that our BC LP adapter includes also a flow reducer - very important if you do not want to see cootwo expanding like a balloon :D

...... Or better yet, open source a drawing so I could cut one on the cnc lathe at our local hackerspace... eh? nudge nudge, wink wink.....
I could probably post the specs for the groove inside the BC LP adapter and the dome itself so you can then design your own adapter..... but then you will need to get your own method to reduce/control the flow .... and if you don't get it right you might damage the sensors (3 of them)

...... I hope this thing takes off.. ......
Me too!

Looks like the same thing he linked, except yours is from leisurepro and his was from amazon. It's an adapter so you can use things like the delrin adapter for the scubapro sized low pressure QD hose.

please note he edited it.... :D

True, but I already have one of those adapters and am 99% certain that I verified that it fit the standard inflator and Air2 hose when it was first acquired. I'll report back tonight (after I get home), and let folks know if it was correct or not.

I started second guessing myself after the original responses, but at this point I'm not sure which half (the original post or retraction) was actually incorrect.

EDIT: Original link was good... the retraction has been retracted.

Last edited:
there are 2 (maybe 3) configurations of "over sized" LPI nipples for combination octo-inflators made by various companies. If you utilize one of these combo units, you need to use an adapter (Air2 specific one linked above) to connect to the LPI/flow restrictor on the adapter cap of the cootwo which is a standard QD LPI style fitting (though this one has a flow restrictor integral to it)....

Turns out that my original link for the Air2 adapter (model number SCAD-11) was correct after all. Your mileage may vary if you have an oversized hose designed for something other than an Air2, of course.

cootwo_with_air2_adapter.jpg

Nice review it does raise an issue:

The standalone O2 calibration is limited to 24 hours while the smartphone calibration is programmable from 6 hours to 48 hours.
There is no option to calibrate the O2 Sensor using ambient air; ... the cootwo it needs to have air flowing through the body of the cootwo to reach the O2 Sensor

Putting these two comments together will pose an issue I had not anticipated. At home I only have Nitrox tanks and, when I dive, often on the boat we only have Nitrox. Given that the calibration reasonably has a limited time I am not sure how this will work. I will often collect Nitrox tanks from the shop for other divers, I will have a good idea of the mix but I expect the diver/user to analyse and take accountability.

I do know that using air from a tank is best for calibration on any O2 analyser as it has controlled moisture, but generally ambient air will give a good calibration and the resultant Nitrox analysis is quite accurate. Being unable to calibrate without a tank of air or gas with known O2 percentage may not be workable.

Feel free to correct me if I am off base here but:

One workaround I found was to continuously inhale through the USB port on the bottom of the cootwo to flow air through it during the cal cycle. It is ugly but effective.

The problem is the o2 sensor and co sensor are located in the body of the cootwo so that they are well protected but you must ensure that there is fresh Air in the body not residual Nitrox or air that has been used by the sensor. O2 sensors are a chemical reaction and will exhaust the oxygen in an enclosed environment that's how sensor saver caps work.

Nice review it does raise an issue:

Putting these two comments together will pose an issue I had not anticipated. At home I only have Nitrox tanks and, when I dive, often on the boat we only have Nitrox. Given that the calibration reasonably has a limited time I am not sure how this will work. I will often collect Nitrox tanks from the shop for other divers, I will have a good idea of the mix but I expect the diver/user to analyse and take accountability.

I do know that using air from a tank is best for calibration on any O2 analyser as it has controlled moisture, but generally ambient air will give a good calibration and the resultant Nitrox analysis is quite accurate. Being unable to calibrate without a tank of air or gas with known O2 percentage may not be workable.

You can calibrate to pure O2, which is probably (hopefully!) on the boat, but of course this is not optimal because 100% is much farther from 32% than 21% is. Can you take a little pony of air?

Actually, calibrating to ambient air can have an error of almost one percent in high temperature and humidity air.
View attachment 221240

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom