O2 cleaning hose for deco bottle.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
I’m setting up a deco reg for an upcoming class. I’m looking at the unbalanced flow through piston from dive gear express along with an older hog classic that I O2 cleaned yesterday. I’d prefer not to buy a new precleaned hose and just use one of my 40” I got laying around. I have simple green crystal for my cleaning agent, but. I source of O2 comparable air to dry it out. Let me know your ideas. Don’t clean, clean, dry with ISO, ect. Also let me know if anybody has used that first stage for 50% and how it worked deeper than 20’.

I’m setting up a deco reg for an upcoming class. I’m looking at the unbalanced flow through piston from dive gear express along with an older hog classic that I O2 cleaned yesterday. I’d prefer not to buy a new precleaned hose and just use one of my 40” I got laying around. I have simple green crystal for my cleaning agent, but. I source of O2 comparable air to dry it out. Let me know your ideas. Don’t clean, clean, dry with ISO, ect. Also let me know if anybody has used that first stage for 50% and how it worked deeper than 20’.
The hose is never seeing high pressure O2. Don’t worry about it.

Do part of the same exam you'd do for anything else you're oxygen cleaning, to reassure yourself. Put a little water in and rock it back and forth a dozen times. Pour it out, inspect for a sheen, use your UV light if you have one, give it the shake test. If it passes, you're good. If not, use a detergent soak, a long rinse and an OCA dry and try it again. Or get a new hose.
It still won't matter, because of the pressure it sees, but the inspection will reassure you.

Do part of the same exam you'd do for anything else you're oxygen cleaning, to reassure yourself. Put a little water in and rock it back and forth a dozen times. Pour it out, indirect for a sheen, use your UV light of you have one, give it the shake test. If it passes, you're good. If not, use a detergent soak, a long rinse and an OCA dry and try it again. Or get a new hose.
It still won't matter, because of the pressure it sees, but the inspection will reassure you.

Great idea! Any suggestions on a cheap UV light?

Frequency is key. Cheap lights are typically the wrong part of
the spectrum.
You want 360-370nm
They aren't cheap.
IMG_20200726_132506.jpg

This was discontinued in favor of the P20UV

20200726_113407.jpg

My sink with an oily wash residue. It's brighter in a dark room. Many hydrocarbons will not floresce, however.

Found a 365 nm light for 9$ on Amazon. It seems like I won’t be O2 cleaning anything. The first stage is already cleaned so I should be good to go. I’d still like some feedback on that first stage, I might have to repost on the regulator forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom