O2 analyzer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eab

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
We're headed to Bonaire and were psyched about the free Nitrox upgrade until we started thinking and realized that we would need to bring an analyzer with us. None of us have one.

How do others handle this? Is there a place where you can rent them? I hear they're costly to buy (~$280) and that the sensors last 6-8 months and are also costly (~$80).

Since we really just need it for this week (so far), I'm not really interested in laying down that much cash for a week.

I searched and found a similar question from January, but the rental question wasn't asked/answered, and some of the the links were broken.

Appreciate any input.

Many thanks!

Eileen

Unless you have your own compressor and doing blending yourself, whoever does your tank fills will have one to check, and you are usually requested to recheck it yourself.

been to Bonaire twice, the resort will have an analyzer on hand for you to check your tanks. I've got 2 personal analyzers, which are very convienient to have, but I managed OK in Bonaire using the 'house' unit.

been to Bonaire twice, the resort will have an analyzer on hand for you to check your tanks. I've got 2 personal analyzers, which are very convienient to have, but I managed OK in Bonaire using the 'house' unit.

+1, All the resorts have a An analyzer, there is no need to bring one , unless you just really want 2. I have been 4times and have never had a issue with checking my nitrox tanks.

Thanks guys. I'll confirm with the dive op.

I was told by others on the trip that they put the tanks in lockers, and we just snag them from there when we want to dive during non shop hours. That worried me, so I thought the best option was to get an analyzer.

Also nice to know the rules don't change ... they check and I check.

Eileen

We're headed to Bonaire and were psyched about the free Nitrox upgrade until we started thinking and realized that we would need to bring an analyzer with us. None of us have one.

How do others handle this? Is there a place where you can rent them? I hear they're costly to buy (~$280) and that the sensors last 6-8 months and are also costly (~$80).

Since we really just need it for this week (so far), I'm not really interested in laying down that much cash for a week.

I searched and found a similar question from January, but the rental question wasn't asked/answered, and some of the the links were broken.

Appreciate any input.

Many thanks!

Eileen

Buddy Dive has several at 2 different locations. Fill Station (Drive Thru and Dive Shop)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told by others on the trip that they put the tanks in lockers, and we just snag them from there when we want to dive during non shop hours. That worried me, so I thought the best option was to get an analyzer.

Eileen

Where are you staying?

As noted places that mix NITROX will (should) have an analyzer that you can use. Further, you should analyze your gas before taking it.

I have not ever heard of any place renting them.

Analyzers can be $250+ but there are alternatives such as building your own from a kit for $100.

Sensors last 2-4 years if properly cared for. They are consumable once they are made.

Having your own analyzer is nice especially when there is a mass of people also getting gas. Instead of waiting around you can analyze your gas and be done with it.

I can only speak for Buddy Dive in Bonaire but they had 2 analyzers at both filling stations.

In Honduras (CCV) they placed 2 tanks at your locker twice a day but you still had to analyze and record the values using their analyzer on the clipboard at your locker... It may be the same way for you. FYI, I also carry my own analyzer to check if none are available or the line is long (and it can be very long)

lee

Eileen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom