O ring size for the Garmin Mk2i spool.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I came here for the o-ring size, but want to leave a tip. When you put the transmitter on a hose you need to remove the larger oring 012 size from the transmitter. It is no longer makeing the seal, it also can keep hose far enough away from the transmitter that the oring on the spool extrudes. My customer had another shop add the hose and then wanted to warrenty the transmitter becuase of the leak. I had to sell him the spool kit but will get the orings for the next time this comes up.

Flow Restrictor (Accessory)​

Image of Flow Restrictor
  • Two 3.3mm x 1mm

Air Spool (Accessory)​

Image of Air Spool
  • Large (Hose) Side - 3.3mm x 1mm
  • Small Side - 1.5mm x 1.5mm
I just looked through the manual on Garmin's site and didn't see this, where did you find it? I wanted to check to see what size o-rings are in the battery cap replacement kit and order spares for those at the same time (without paying the $20 Garmin charges).

I just looked through the manual on Garmin's site and didn't see this, where did you find it? I wanted to check to see what size o-rings are in the battery cap replacement kit and order spares for those at the same time (without paying the $20 Garmin charges).

Let me know if you find the correct size o-rings some place, I'm looking to do the same.

I came here for the o-ring size, but want to leave a tip. When you put the transmitter on a hose you need to remove the larger oring 012 size from the transmitter. It is no longer makeing the seal, it also can keep hose far enough away from the transmitter that the oring on the spool extrudes. My customer had another shop add the hose and then wanted to warrenty the transmitter becuase of the leak. I had to sell him the spool kit but will get the orings for the next time this comes up.
I've attached mine with a short hose to 1st stage. I don't think I had this problem. I'm fairly sure mine has sealed properly.
Are you talking about removing the HP o-ring from the transmitter?
image.png

Or remove the large hose side o-ring from the spool?
image.png

Contact support and ask them for an extra set for your save a dive kit. Many times they will send for free or for $2 from what I have found.

I just had the same issue - the thinner ring on the spool failed, and of course a standard spool of which I have probably a dozen, did NOT fit. I emailed Garmin for Warranty replacement - will advise what they say.

To sell a spool/restrictor kit for $40 is insane when a spool at DGX costs $1.50, and NOT sell just the orings?

The website advises to just get scuba standard orings, BUT the sizes are far from standard AS568, despite Garmin being an Aerospace supplier.

Not the way to establish yourself in a new industry. I would like to hear from a Garmin rep if one is on this forum what drove Garmin to come up with non-standard sizes for a spool after the industry standard is well known and established.

The o ring sizes are now available in the online FAQ.

High-Pressure Fitting (Descent T1)​

Image of High Pressure Fitting
  • #2 (Standard HP Port O-ring)

Battery Cap (Descent T1)​

Image of Battery Cap
  • Inner (Red) - 19mm x 1.4mm
  • Outer (Black) -19mm x 1.6mm

Flow Restrictor (Accessory)​

Image of Flow Restrictor
  • Two 3.3mm x 1mm

Air Spool (Accessory)​

Image of Air Spool
  • Large (Hose) Side - 3.3mm x 1mm
  • Small Side - 1.5mm x 1.5mm

Does anyone know if the Small Side - 1.5mm x 1.5mm o-ring is a common one? I know the 3.3x1mm one is an odd sized one but was going to switch my transmitter back to using a high pressure hose and noticed I must have broken this one.

Anyone have any links to these sizes above?
Looking to stock my save a dive kit without spending $300 for a couple sets of caps/spools

Back
Top Bottom