O ring size for the Garmin Mk2i spool.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Legenderyi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know the size of the O-ring used on the larger end of the Garmin Mk2i transmitter spool? Is it the same size as the one on the smaller end? The O ring burst and I'm hoping to replace it instead of buying a new spool (40 bucks cad :shocked:).

garmin spool.jpg

003 on both

Edit: I’m off, Garmin does weird things

I’d like to think you’re off a zero, but shipping logistics maybe are difficult?

I found this on the Garmin site For o-ring replacement.

Air Spool (Accessory)​

Image of Air Spool

• Large (Hose) Side - 3.3mm x 1mm
  • Small Side - 1.5mm x 1.5mm

003 on both

Nope, the Garmin T1 does not use a standard spool. See pic.

garmin_spool.jpg

The smaller side is the normal size that goes into the hose end, the larger is the one that goes into the transmitter.

The transmitter should've come with a flow limiter for use when attaching directly into the first stage. You may be able to take the oring off that and use it. [Disclaimer: I haven't tried, not sure how hard (or possible) it is to remove without damaging]

I stand corrected. That’s obnoxious.

@Legenderyi I managed to remove the oring from my flow limiter (which I'm not using) without too much trouble. I used a very pointy plastic pick, and was very careful not to poke the oring. So definitely possible.

If you don't have the flow limiter to steal an oring from, I measured mine with digital calipers, and then cross-referenced against a metric oring chart, it appears to be a 1.1x3 (ID=3.0mm, CS=1.1mm, OD=5.2mm)

Edit: Didn't refresh to see @Open Ocean Diver 's response. Looks like my measurements were a touch off.

I got quoted by Garmin In Taiwan for the replacement part which is 945nt (approx 40 cad). So unfortunately not :/
I’d like to think you’re off a zero, but shipping logistics maybe are difficult?

@Legenderyi I managed to remove the oring from my flow limiter (which I'm not using) without too much trouble. I used a very pointy plastic pick, and was very careful not to poke the oring. So definitely possible.

If you don't have the flow limiter to steal an oring from, I measured mine with digital calipers, and then cross-referenced against a metric oring chart, it appears to be a 1.1x3 (ID=3.0mm, CS=1.1mm, OD=5.2mm)

Edit: Didn't refresh to see @Open Ocean Diver 's response. Looks like my measurements were a touch off.

Thanks for the tip. I had the same idea but wasn't sure if it was the same sizing as the Oring was already gone by the time it got to me (It's a buddies Transmitter). I'll try removing the O ring from the air restricotr and replacing the one on the spool tonight. Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom