O ring lube

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slackercruster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My old Sealife DC300 3MP with housing leaked after a just a few uses. It said not to lube the O ring so I didn't.

I bought a Sealife SL 320 Reef Master Mini Digital and it said not to lube the ring either. Anyone have trouble with the 320 leaking? Do you lube the ring?

The old DC300 3MP camera with the housing took nice photos for a cheap digital. Was happy with it - if it did not get flooded.

My old SeaLife DC300 3MP with housing leaked after a just a few uses. It said not to lube the O ring so I didn't.

I bought a SeaLife SL 320 Reef Master Mini Digital and it said not to lube the ring either. Anyone have trouble with the 320 leaking? Do you lube the ring?

The old DC300 3MP camera with the housing took nice photos for a cheap digital. Was happy with it - if it did not get flooded.

My wife and daughter both have the Reef Master Mini and have had no leaks whatsoever and they don't lube the O ring.

My wife found out a quirk with her Reef Master Mini. If the camera doesn't boot and the batteries are fine try removing the SD card from the camera. My wife lost the use of her camera in Bonaire because of this. Apparently if the camera doesn't like the SD card it simply locks up instead of issuing an error message.

There were no Reef Master outlets on Bonaire. There was a Sea & Sea dealer but no Sea Life dealer. We didn't discover that the problem was due to poor error checking on the part of the camera firmware until after we left Bonaire.

She loves the camera and has had no problems with the camera. We made Sea Life aware of this problem over a year ago.

I haven't checked to see if Sea Life updated their FAQs for the Reef Master Mini so other customers won't have to go through what we went through.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up.

We lost out dive trip photos with the old camera leaking on the first dive.

Guess if you have the money one should travel with 2 or 3 backup cams.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom