Sentinel V5, Are there o-rings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrChen

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I bought a used S&S MDX-850 which has the original Sentinel v5 on it (not the xb). It's working and I really enjoy the peace of mind it brings. My worry has been, how do I replace the battery? I searched and searched online and could not find a user manual. I eventually figured out that I can twist the body off and access the 1/3N battery. Now that I'm looking at it, I don't see any sort of o-ring where the body screws tight and you can literally see down into the housing compartment. I wanted to clean and lube it since I separated it. When I tighten it, it doesn't feel like I'm screwing it tight metal to metal. What am I missing?

The top cap doesn't have an o-ring either, but the rubber button could serve as the seal.

I'm referencing this model: Vivid Leak Sentinel V5

I actually see an o-ring on the top cap, it's really small. I need to remove the body again to check there as well.

I've attached a picture of the body removed. I don't see an o-ring with the threads. I tested it and it seals fine.

Attachments

• PXL_20230126_184633687.jpg
    PXL_20230126_184633687.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 65
Isn't the o-ring in the cap?
Bill
I found the one in the cap, which I mentioned above. What I'm not seeing is an o-ring where the body screws to the housing mount. It doesn't feel like metal on metal, so I'm guessing the housing mount is a different material which allows it to seal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom