O Ring Kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishy8411

Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't know whether to post this question in Regulators, DIY or some other place, but it landed here.

I like having tools and parts, even if I never need them. Been thinking about picking up some extra O-Rings, I've noticed alot of kits on the internet and ebay. They all seem to be about the same thing 382 O-Rings, 70 Duro made of Buna-N. I don't see any reason, at this point for me to be carrying a Viton set. The kits tend to run from $17.00 to $20.00 with case and shipping. Probably alot more O-Rings than I will ever need but the price break is pretty good at that quantity.

One of the sites is http://www.allorings.com/oring_kits.htm .

Before I place my order, I thought I would post on Scubaboard. To see if one, if these are crappy O-Rings or two, if the price was too high?

Tom

There is an Ebay guy selling O-ring kits in 75 duro Viton for very good prices. Check him out...his name and email is Clinton Dombroski and cbuisness1974@hotmail.com

He is a good guy it seems to me, and he can give you whatever kind of rings (even 90 duro on many) you want in whatever sizes you want...and even keep your name and requirements on file so that you can just order the same thing over and over again if that is what you want. Very good prices.

Just a thought.

Kevin

Fishy8411:
Didn't know whether to post this question in Regulators, DIY or some other place, but it landed here.

I like having tools and parts, even if I never need them. Been thinking about picking up some extra O-Rings, I've noticed alot of kits on the internet and ebay. They all seem to be about the same thing 382 O-Rings, 70 Duro made of Buna-N. I don't see any reason, at this point for me to be carrying a Viton set. The kits tend to run from $17.00 to $20.00 with case and shipping. Probably alot more O-Rings than I will ever need but the price break is pretty good at that quantity.

One of the sites is http://www.allorings.com/oring_kits.htm .

Before I place my order, I thought I would post on Scubaboard. To see if one, if these are crappy O-Rings or two, if the price was too high?

Tom

Fishy8411:
I don't see any reason, at this point for me to be carrying a Viton set.

When I bought o-rings for a save-a-dive kit, I wasn't diving nitrox at the time. Nevertheless, I bought an assortment of viton rings, because as I saw it, I didn't see any reason for me not to be carrying a Viton set. :)

Remember, 90 durometer is not necessarily better than 70 or 75. It is a hardness measurement only and you will use different hardnesses for different applications.

For example, if you put a 90 durometer o-ring on the piston seal or main head where a 70-75 is called for, it will have a tenancy to bind and restrict the piston movement causing severe fluctuations in pressure.

Most of the "standard" o-ring kits are worthless. I picked up one of those $10 specials and only found three sizes ere useful in diving. So, I spent $10 for about $3 worth of supplies. (Wanna buy an o-ring kit cheap :wink: ).

And Viton is quite a bit more expensive so buying a kit there is just plain dumb! Besides, Viton is only really necessary in high oxygen concentrations so save your money.

Just my $.02

Ray Contreras
========================
http://www.ossystems.com

Back
Top Bottom