O"Neill Sector Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For what it's worth, i got the 5mm sector in the mail last week and can't wait to dive it. I've tried on a lot of suits lately and really like this one. It seems well made and particularly warm for a 5mm. i think it's got a little style too. I'll post more after a dive.

In the meantime, i look and feel great while jogging around the block.

I would be interested to hear from owners of this wetsuit especially the 5 and 7 mm version.
I have been told it is very warm and I am considering replacing my current suit

I have the 7mm version. I'm fairly immune to cold. When I first got it, it seemed warm enough for me. I was able to stay down to 49 degree fahrenheit up to 40 minutes without a hood. I bought the suit because it fits me well. O'Neill is cut for an athletic fit.

After 120 dives in it, I'm beginning to notice a slight cracks on the walls of the inner neck seal. In addition, the thickness around the shin (leg) area seems to be less than 5mm. Perhaps my suit is losing its loft from the wear and tear. I like the suit but for the money, I would look for a more durable alternative.

i have the 7 mm....only done one dive in it so far, so this may not be much help to you.... but FWIW.... Water was about 50 fahrenheit, and I was warm. I think the suit looks good.The way the hood seals is superb. Can't comment on durability. But I do have a 10-year O'Neill shorty that's holding up really well.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom