Nylon Webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thread, stitched in a box and then "x-ed" or so I've been told.

Before I ask my wife - Can you do this with a home sewing machine?

Depends on how heavy duty it is, the machine I mean. My wife's will not sew webbing. I gotta get her a better machine for X-mas :D

But you local shoemaker can<G>

My wife has one that does, it depends on the machine. And while the X is the best pattern, if there isn't room, it may be too much work for the machine. In that case put a single line through the box. Of course, test it by yanking the heck out of it to be sure it'll stay.

Take it to your local upholstery shop. Or a shop that does auto upholstery.

the K

U can use a sewing maching no problem.. I sew webbing alot.... it's easy stuff to work with. Like mentioned above, sew a box then an X from corner to corner inside the box. TO stop your nylon from fraying use heat<lighter> to melt the ends.

I dropped the webbing off &#8211; ready on Monday!

Interestingly, Portland, which has a population of 250,000 when the surrounding towns are included, only has 4 shoe repair shops remaining.

When I was a kid and loafers were the hot fashion item, my mom would have a pair resoled at least 2 times before they were thrown out.

The owner of the shoe shop equated himself to a dinosaur in a world of fast moving monkeys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom