NYC dive shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good recommendations for a shop in the city? Female here and I need to get my BC/reg/octo/comp and a 5mm wetsuit. I usually get bits and pieces from Leisure Pro but I need more expertise and patience. I can only find Village Divers, Adventure Scuba and Pan Aqua Diving. Thoughts?

wanderlustgal:
Does anyone have any good recommendations for a shop in the city? Female here and I need to get my BC/reg/octo/comp and a 5mm wetsuit. I usually get bits and pieces from Leisure Pro but I need more expertise and patience. I can only find Village Divers, Adventure Scuba and Pan Aqua Diving. Thoughts?

There is also Scuba Network on 6th ave between 20-23 (not sure which block) ... west side of the street.

Brooklyn has stingray divers (stingraydivers.com).

I'm not sure which make reg/BC you've got but this should help you so far. I didn't have a good experience with Pan Agua for my old AMF/Mares regulator (they sent it all the way to some guy upstate only to tell me it will cost $150 to service ...).

Hope this helps.

Scuba Network closed I think. I walked by the area not too long ago and it was empty. I had gone in last year to look at wetsuits and all they had were Henderson. I was hoping for more brands.

Oh, I think there is one up by Bloomingdales. I forgot about that one

Do village divers have much of a selection?

I'll be honest and admit that I bought most of my stuff from Scuba Network. There is one on 55th and Lexington and one on 20th and Sixth. They have great prices but are not the most helpful. Pan-Aqua on the other hand, is extremely friendly and helpful. I discovered them after I had most of my gear, but they are the closest thing you will find to a true LDS in NYC. Both cater to primarily Carribean vacation divers. If you are looking for more technical gear, try Stingray Divers in Brooklyn.

Tom

I'm headed to the Philippines next month and decided I didn't want to go thru renting gear in a 3rd world country (and I vowed next dive trip I would have all my own). The water is cooler temps where I'll be so I don't want to get out there with a wetsuit that doesn't fit properly. Unfortunately I am not very educated as far as BCD/regulator/octopuses and especially computers so I wouldn't feel comfortable just ordering from LeisurePro (I've been in the shop and experienced their un-helpfulness).

I went diving in Cozumel last year in a BCD that didn't fit right and it was a horrible experience. I want to take no chances this time

Back
Top Bottom