Nusa Penida after Wakatobi?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hthomps

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm planning a trip with friends to Wakatobi in March, and afterward we'll be staying in Bali for a several days. We'll only have two full days to dive, and definitely plan to drive up to Amed for the muck diving. We're trying to figure out, though, if we should spend all of our dive time up north or if we should also fit in a day of diving around Nusa Penida. I've heard it's fantastic diving around Penida and Lembongan, but after 10 days diving at Wakatobi and at least one around Amed (and it not being Mola season) do folks think it's worth trying to fit it in on this trip? One of us isn't thrilled about high-current diving, though it sounds like dive operators try to pick time and sites to help with that, and if it's different than what we'll have seen in the other locations then I'm willing to do the extra traveling around. I'd appreciate any and all feedback!

unless you really want to see Mantas, I suggest you spend the 2nd day at tulemben

definitely plan to drive up to Amed for the muck diving.
As already noted above the muck diving (in fact black sand in this case) centerpoint is Tulamben not Amed.
IMO Amed muck dive sites like Melasti Amed or Ghost bay are very mundane compared to Tulamben's Batu Niti or Melasti (another one), also Tulamben macro guides are much better in general.

Thank you both - this is very helpful! We've gone ahead and booked to dive both days with Liberty in Tulamben.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom