Nursery water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, it is a darn weird question.

Is it funny for a grown-up single guy to drink a Nursery water?

I am only drinking a Nursery water at home because it has a mineral in it, so water taste is better than any other waters. Yes, it is subjective preference. I have tasted all makers from the grocery store and ended up with a Nursery.

However, whenever I have some visitors at my place, everyone used to be surprised at what I am drinking.... Even, the cashier has alwasy been asking... You must have a baby...:rofl3:

What is a good for baby with this Nursery water? Fluoride?

What the heck is nursery water? Is this the distilled water with the picture of the baby on it? I buy a lot of bottled water- I just don't like the idea of drinking water from all the questionable sources we get it from... plus it's easy to drink from a bottle when you're driving.

Anyway- I buy gallons for making coffee. Sometimes I buy the distilled if they're out of store brand drinking/purified water.

BTW- "spring" water is usually NOT purified. Read the labels if you're paying for it. Spring water doesn't have to be anything but bottled at a spring. "Naturally filtered" means nada. Reverse osmosis, micron filtration, ozonation. Those are the words to look for.

And Evian is in the "nada" category- at least is was last time I checked.

Whoops- rant over.

WT, just what is nursery water? Do you have a pic of this?

You aren't drinking water out of pre-packaged baby bottles with nipples on them are you???? :baby:
That would explain the odd looks.......

Nope... It is just an ordinary gallon bottle, but it has a baby picture on it.

Poeple used to be smiling and chuckling me.... Seriously, we (Min & I) don't get what they meant...

BTW, it is the most expensive water on a gallon selection in my area... :wink:

trucker girl:
Does it say "distilled"? That's what I would think it means. 'sposed to be gentler on the stomach?

It says

"Purified water processed by steam distillation"

With added Flouride....

trucker girl:
There you go... distilled water. Plus flouride. Flouride has flavor. Plus it makes your teeth strong. Either that or it causes you to give in to mind control (flash back to the movie Conspiracy Theory).

I knew about the water quality and scientific effect from the added mineral...

But, why? Is there a kind of prejudice that this water is only for a baby?

It has been many years to feel a weird feeling due to a Nursery water. So, I just spoke it out.... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom