Nursery water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidPT40:
I read some studies about various Chinese villages that were subjected to varying levels of Flouride. Those villages with higher flouride levels had a significantly higher level of mental retardation.

Why do babies need flouride, they dont even have teeth.

If you really want some healthy water, try some that hasn't been treated by chlorine. I read another study that said that people who drink more than 8 glasses of tap water a day are at an increased risk for bladder cancer because of the chloramines (chlorine compound) in tap water.

As for me, all I drink is coffee.
I read some studies about various Coffee drinks that were prone to jumping out windows.:D

:rofl3:

Hoosier, you aren't talking about Pedialyte are you?

I'd look at you funny if you were buying that!!! It's for sick babies that are dehydrated. You give it to your baby when it has DIARRHEA!!!!:11doh:

Does the label mention 'electrolytes' on it?

JahJahwarrior:
Trucker girl, did you say vegemite? The Aussie squeezable stuff? Where do you find that in the US? Good stuff for sure!!!

We have a Kiwi friend (that would be a New Zealander) and he got me to try it once. Gag. Yack. Wheeze. Nast.

And I sort of stalk Almitywife in my spare time.

DavidPT40:
Britta makes some very good water filters. Really its just the chlorine compounds that are harmful in tap water. If the water isn't safe for aquarium fish to swim in (tap water usually kills fish in 24-48 hours), why would it be good for a human to drink?

I use the pitcher at home. In the truck we had one of those faucet screw-on ones. But we had a water hose/pipe under our sink that couldn't take the back pressure so my husband won't let me use it.

$.68/gallon at Wal-Mart for bottled water that I ingest. $3.159/gallon for diesel in California that only gives me 5.5 mpg. I won't even notice the expense of the water in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom