Nursery water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trucker girl:
Marketing. Marketing. Marketing.

Agree Agree Agree.....

And people's fixed idea....

Maybe, there is the way how they are making money.

Like I said, it is the most expensive water on a gallon selection... :eyebrow:

trucker girl:
You could just take water from your sink and squirt a little toothpaste in it. Shaken, not stirred. Might have the same effect?

Only fluoride..

I don't care about a fluoride, but about other minerals for taste. Toothpaste doesn't have it... Oh~~~ it might have some mint flavor though...:wink:

I read some studies about various Chinese villages that were subjected to varying levels of Flouride. Those villages with higher flouride levels had a significantly higher level of mental retardation.

Why do babies need flouride, they dont even have teeth.

If you really want some healthy water, try some that hasn't been treated by chlorine. I read another study that said that people who drink more than 8 glasses of tap water a day are at an increased risk for bladder cancer because of the chloramines (chlorine compound) in tap water.

As for me, all I drink is coffee.

Why do babies need flouride, they dont even have teeth.

actually, i thought their teeth were "in there"

I think Fl is one of those things you don't want 0 and you don't want too much.

I think most kids swallow enough toothpaste I thought I read....

So.....my paranoia about water is plastic bottles

If I buy juice (say Cranberry, I can taste the plastic from the bottle) I know this is wierd, but I don't drink water out of plastic bottles unless I'm "stuck" I have the super hard stable plasic big sippy cup that I refill.

I hear that PCB's or whatever it is gets released into the water...Sheryl Crow says that if the water gets warm in your car the PCB level gets very high...she talks about it a lot. I never have had any plastic dishes, I am paranoid about plastics. I try not to unleash this stuff around here, but if you are already talking about it, I cannot resist.

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-6161597-7.html

I drink tap from my large refillable sippy cup.
unless I am somewhere where they are giving you recycled sewage water

Whats in that smart water?

catherine96821:
I drink tap from my large refillable sippy cup.
unless I am somewhere where they are giving you recycled sewage water

Whats in that smart water?

That would be the "non potable water" sign at the truck stops. And you hope to God that they have signs if that's the case. We have an 80 gallon fresh water tank, so we "fill up" at truck stops. I put a cap full of bleach in from time to time just in case. I'll cook with that water, but I drink bottled water. Usually store brand/generic and never spring. I've been buying gallons of late to make my coffee with. We have one filter direct from the water tank and another that is reserved for the sink.

But I just don't like the idea of drinking fuel island water.

It's just not intended for normal society, ya know. Plus, if you've ever smelled a truck stop parking lot in the summer. Well. I don't really want to go there right now.

Britta makes some very good water filters. Really its just the chlorine compounds that are harmful in tap water. If the water isn't safe for aquarium fish to swim in (tap water usually kills fish in 24-48 hours), why would it be good for a human to drink?

oh trucker girl, you convinced me 100%

it would be like the airplane tap..

I need to check my tap, I don't tast Chlorine like most places, I want to get one of those filtered pitchers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom