Nudibranch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wkyongae@aol.com

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Saw my first nudibranch last Sunday at low tide in about 10 feet of water. The first one I saw was about 1/2 inch long and the second was maybe 1 inch. Tolmie State Park was the location and free diving was the plan. They were white with black stripes. Sorry no pic's. Also, was able to reach the top of the artificial reef.

I love nudis!! Last month I saw probably hundreds at Cove two. Maybe they were dorias.....

Did it look anything like THIS?

They are pretty common, and eat sea pens.

It was an amazement to me to find out that some of the most beautiful things underwater are slugs!

Probably more like this ...

070204.jpg

... they have been literally carpeting the pilings in the cove for weeks now. The past two days I saw dozens of them ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That's it!

I was trying to come up with a white one with stripes . . .

We saw hundreds of those Hermissendas in the eelgrass at Edmonds last night -- And not a single hooded nudi.

NWGratefulDiver:
Probably more like this ...

070204.jpg

Me too! When I was in town week before last I saw many of these, and it was my first experience seeing nudis. It was great. I love seeing new marine critters!

-Ben

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom