Nudibranch Lovers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I heard but never tried it. However I would still like some flexibility to shoot with the 105 on its own.
I've never been able to get a decent shot using the 105 with a teleconverter. The Nikon 5T filter, available on Ebay and other sites allows you to focus within a few inches with the 105. I've had one on my 105 for several years now,

216604_1_1000x1000_1.jpg

These were taken from Koh Lanta, at dive sites around Koh Ha and Bida's. Taken with a Canon G12 with flash diffuser.

I was only able to identify one of them from the dive op's books. Help with ID's would be great! Thanks!

Continued...

IMG_4595_2k.JPG

IMG_4627_2k.JPG

The following, I found in a book: Chromodoris fidelis
IMG_4649_2k.JPG

IMG_4663_2k.JPG

IMG_4764_2k.JPG

IMG_4783_2k.JPG

IMG_4788_2k.JPG

IMG_4911_2k.JPG

I found this guy (or girl) on the side of Hyde wreck today. 18 miles off the coast of NC in 80 feet of water. It was large. Approximately four inches. Any suggestions on identification? @Steve_C have you seen this in NC before?
DSCI3685 (2).JPG
DSCI3681 (3).JPG

I found this guy (or girl) on the side of Hyde wreck today. 18 miles off the coast of NC in 80 feet of water. It was large. Approximately four inches. Any suggestions on identification? @Steve_C have you seen this in NC before? View attachment 524416 View attachment 524414

I found two a few years ago on an inshore wreck and also out on a ledge. Have not seen in the last few years. At the time it was not reported to be in NC Think name was warty sea slug or something like that. Took me a while to get an ID. Here is one of the ones I saw
bluesnail.jpg

Checked old emails. Dendrodoris Warta page 196 Cribbean Sea Slugs.

I found two a few years ago on an inshore wreck and also out on a ledge. Have not seen in the last few years. At the time it was not reported to be in NC Think name was warty sea slug or something like that. Took me a while to get an ID. Here is one of the ones I saw
View attachment 524444

Checked old emails. Dendrodoris Warta page 196 Cribbean Sea Slugs.
Thanks Steve! I thought you might have the answer.

I found this guy (or girl) on the side of Hyde wreck today. 18 miles off the coast of NC in 80 feet of water. It was large. Approximately four inches. Any suggestions on identification? @Steve_C have you seen this in NC before? View attachment 524416 View attachment 524414

Where on the Hyde did you see it? I hope to be out there this Saturday and Sundy.

Back
Top Bottom