Nudibranch Lovers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turkey, Antalya region, Adrasan bay
h-1892.jpg

h-1918.jpg

h-1899.jpg

h-1917.jpg

h-3362.jpg

h-2833.jpg

h-3993.jpg

h-2810.jpg

h-2916.jpg

Interesting to see that F. affinis appears to be widespread across the whole of the Mediterranean from east to west.

I took these shots at Llafranc north of Barcelona

full

full

@Searcaigh , those are amazing pictures. What equipment are you using?

What equipment are you using?
Thanks for the comment

These were shot with a Nikon D300 and 60mm micro lens a few years ago. Housing is a Sea&Sea and strobes Sea&Sea YS110a

I was helping my daughter set up a buoy and line for her as she was teaching some OW students recently off Dubai. I found a lot of sea grass and my regular buddy and I went back last Saturday for an exploration where we found a Limenandra fusiformis. First time both of us have seen this nudi.

full

It was moving quite fast, well as fast as nudibranchs go, which is faster than some airport queues I've been in recently.

full

Going up

full

Oops dead end

full

Better go back down then

full

During the past couple of weeks we have noticed the water column becoming occupied with wriggling Pleurobranchus brockii between 6-10m in depth.

This has allowed us to modify our dives and spend some time at these depths on what is generally a square profile dive in an attempt to photograph them.

There are literally hundreds of them floating around.

full

full

I found that by catching one and photographing it on my gloved hand made it a lot easier to take a better shot

full

They vary in size between 5-20mm

Fantastic!! So jealous

Back
Top Bottom