Nudibranch Lovers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This little nudi was about .5" or so. I think the color pattern is really cool. From Lembeh Jan 2014

12531220944_767978eb6f_c.jpg

The biggest Nudi I've ever seen, a Florida Regal Sea Goddess, upwards of 2". Off Ft. Lauderdale Beach
10502040_10152220359548531_5015978195962886883_n.jpg

Here's one I took on Sunday ... flabellina triophina ... about an inch or so in length.

Flabellina triophina.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Here's one I took on Sunday ... flabellina triophina ... about an inch or so in length.

View attachment 189342

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

from this angle it looks like a cross between a hog and a long horn cow. There a lot of them around. I wonder if it's their breeding season.

Last edited:
A few nudis from my Lembeh trip at the end of July / beginning of August

Some large Glossodoris around

Plenty of other Chromodris sp. but I love this C. kunei

Not sure if this Tambja gabrielea had two different length rhinophores or one was withdrawn

Noumea varians

Phyllodesmium rudmani

Plenty of Nebrotha cristata and kubaryana around but I had never seen this N. guttata before

It was less than a cm and the photo is cropped, to be honest I could barely see it without the guide pointing it out (night dive)

Couple of my favourite Flabellina shots

This one I still have to ID

and this was the strangest one (well it is lembeh) (? Kaloplocamus acutus) …. about 5mm in length (cropped shot)

We do not have lots of nudis in North Carolina but I keep looking for them. Found the following on the Stone. A sunken tugboat in 60 ft of water off Wilmington, NC. At first I thought it was our common regal sea goddess but note the whlte spots. These were quite small. An inch max.

Attachments

• nudi1.jpg
    nudi1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 105
Haggertys3_zpsd5eef3a1.jpg

Felimare califoriensis. They hadn't been seen on the coast of California for 35 years until earlier this year. I found this tiny 1/4" guy last week.

Back
Top Bottom