Nudibranch Lovers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An Orange Clubbed nudibranch (limacia clavigera):I don't know how you guys manage to get such close-up shots (practice, practice, practice, I guess) -- this was as close I could get without risking squashing the poor slug. Please do keep them coming, though.

Absolutely… practice is the key. I dive almost every weekend and every time I get out I get a little bit better. The best macro shots are done super close up and perfect buoyancy control is needed for that in order to preserve what we are shooting for the next person to enjoy as well. You are doing the right thing and just taking your time until you are confident with your skills.

Here are some more of my favourite nudibranch photos that I have taken during the past year of local nudi's from the Vancouver, BC CANADA area (drysuit diving only). The second to last one was HUUUUUGEEEEEE… probably about two feet long. Now THAT'S a giant dendronotid.

IMG_4429 (1).jpgIMG_3948.jpgIMG_4411.jpgIMG_4026.jpgIMG_4341 (1).jpgIMG_4325.jpg

you know its a big nudi when you have to use the wideangle to get all of it in the frame :p

you know its a big nudi when you have to use the wideangle to get all of it in the frame :p

Yep, you'll notice that I cut off the tail end of it. Doh!!! Didn't fit… and didn't want to back off too much and get a lot of particulate between the nudi and my lens.

Happy Holidays Nudibranch Lovers!

This thread started out as an experiment to see how much interest there was in all things Nudi, a replacement for the group "Nudibranch Lovers" which is no longer here on Scubaboard. Well, with over 8000 views and 212 posts I'd say it has been a resounding success! Thanks to all who have contributed and commented from around the world. Nudibranchophiles rule!

Keep em coming, and spread the word, we are sort of hidden here on Marine Life and Ecosystems. If you are active on other sub forums you can let people know about the Nudibranch lovers?

Here is a Lettuce Sea Slug (Elysia crispata) from Curacao, not a true Nudibranch but a looker all the same.

Lettuce Sea Slug 1 copy.jpg

Three more from the Perth Region, Western Australia.

Karl

2013-12-23+Ammo+Jetty+-+08.jpg 2013-12-26+Ammo+Jetty+-+03.jpg 2013-12-26+Ammo+Jetty+-+06.jpg

Hi Bas, Caribbean Nudis are rare indeed. Fortunately Curacao has an abundance of Lettuce Sea Slugs which come in myriad colors. I have not seen so many Lettuce sea slugs elsewhere in the region, but other places don't have the shore diving opportunities Curacao does. I wonder if Bonnaire has a similar plethora of sea slugs?

Apparently Australia has lots of Nudis, it is Indo-Pacific after all?

Hi Bas, Caribbean Nudis are rare indeed. Fortunately Curacao has an abundance of Lettuce Sea Slugs which come in myriad colors. I have not seen so many Lettuce sea slugs elsewhere in the region, but other places don't have the shore diving opportunities Curacao does. I wonder if Bonnaire has a similar plethora of sea slugs?

Apparently Australia has lots of Nudis, it is Indo-Pacific after all?

Here's a blue lettuce sea slug from Bonaire..

10047111694_85b1463764_z.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It's been a while, I have 5 or 6 pages of photos in this thread to go through!

Here's a new one to me. I've probably seen it before, but this is the first time I've noticed, took a photo and looked it up.. A Nanaimo Nudibranch (On the other side of the Straight of Georgia from Nanaimo, at Whytecliff park)

nanaimonudibranch.jpg

Lots of Yellow-Rimmed Nudibranch about as well yesterday... Seemingly all paired up...

yellowrimmednudibranch.jpg

Roko.....just staying warm..:)

---------- Post added December 31st, 2013 at 07:05 AM ----------

getting back on track........another fried-egg one....shot CFWA
8129127558_cfabd6b48f_z.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom