NSS-CDS Full Cave: The Live-Blog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats!!! Glad to see you're back at it! And glad you got your gear issues sorted out. Fusion drysuits are great.....unless you're tech diving where precision is required. Then they fight you at every turn.

Lost line is a pain. The one thing I always remembered was two tie-offs and rotate. Two tie-offs and rotate. Use the line between the tie-offs as a protractor. Dunno if Reggie will set you up for that, but whenever I screwed it up, it's because I either forgot a second tie-off, or I forgot to rotate. It feels great when you find it though, talk about a weight lifted!

Keep up the great work!

Excited that you're back in town and back in the caves! Little river is one of my favorites and only about 10 minutes away from where I live. Reggie is a good friend and was part of my IE when I first became an instructor. Tell 'em Pete says "Hi".

I think you showed up at the shop just as I was leaving yesterday. I distinctly remember seeing someone with a 70' bottle walking in as I was walking out. I had to drop off some doubles from a weekend of trimix diving in South Florida with a class.

Fusion drysuits are great.....unless you're tech diving where precision is required. Then they fight you at every turn.

I believe that the technical term for a statement like this is "gospel truth."

The Fusion was the very first drysuit I tried. I did two of my three checkout ice dives wet, and then the Aqualung demo guy showed up at lunchtime and I tried one and loved it.

Bought my own Fusion on the way home from Bonne Terre after the worst hypothermia of my life, and loved it right up until the moment in the Santi when I realized that I wasn't fighting anymore.

Early P.S. Tomorrow is a scheduled rest day, so I have a free social calendar during the day and would be delighted to meet people for breakfast/lunch/non-diving activities.

Skunked today! One of the car batteries in our team convoy died before we reached the dive site. Because a car is essential dive equipment for a travel day, dives have been deferred to tomorrow.

I'm at the Wahoo Grill for some regional specialties and plan to hit up the Kanapaha Botanical Gardens with my free afternoon.

If the University of Florida Bat House is open tonight, that might be my evening trip.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom