Now What? New Diver Looking for Advice.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been off the board for a little while.

Dave_lucas. Sorry for missing your notes about the Aurora Res. Have never been on a dive with 3-4 visibility...sounds like an adventure. Hopefully can join on a future dive.

boulderjohn. Thanks for the note as well. Would love to take a little dive trip, work and family permitting. I have seen many of your posts and look forward to meeting you one day.

Hi,
I had a similar issue - new diver looking for more dive opportunities. My original buddy moved abroad and I was a bit adrift. I found a great group "SingleDivers.com" that hosts a lot of trips each year 14+. Trips vary year to year but always offer a large variety of destinations and dive specialities (i.e. focus on wrecks, etc). I met a lot of other great divers from all over who were looking for the same thing - value/economical trips to a variety of destinations. One big benefit was that SD provides a buddy and a roommate if you need. My biggest issue with the local dive shop was the same trips year after year on the same schedule. I'll never be able to travel in April (tax season) so this was never going to work. SD resolved that with departures dates throughout the year. Good luck and happy diving. SingleDivers.com

Been off the board for a while (again) Taking drrich2's advice and hitting Key Largo later this month during a family vacation. Six dives planned with Rainbow Reef. Oh, also got enriched air certification. Thanks again all!

Well, Rainbow Reef didn't happen. Spent three nights in Key Largo but the dives were canceled. Too much wind and big waves. Didn't get out too much since was on call each morning and afternoon to see if the boats would go. Lesson learned...always have a backup plan.

Did get one trip in before leaving FL...drove over to Venice and did a couple shark tooth dives. Twenty-five feet, relatively low viz, but good to be in the water.

Reactions: g2
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom