Now what? (need some advice)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with the other posters...you will find other buddies that will dive with you. I did so that shouldn't be a concern. You need to think about the long haul. Having your gf get comfortable is the main thing. Even if the instructor was patient and kind, those classes are always rushed and your gf needs to take whatever time she needs to get comfortable. The best way to do that is playing around in the pool with a mask for as long as needed. I knew of a guy who really wanted to dive, but was scared of the water even shallow pool water. He took a summer to get used to the water just spending as much time as possible slowly going into the pool. He's now a diver and loves it. If your gf really wants to dive, she'll do it. If she's legitimately scared even after a lot of time practicing, it's better to realize this in a pool then in an open water dive where panic causes accidents. Also, if/when she does finally do her open water have her do it with an instructor one on one not a group class. It's more expensive, but could be quite helpful to you both in the long run. Good luck to you both.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom