Now I'm Sad....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm not certified just yet. I've finished everything but my OW. So, I don't really have any dives yet. Then someone has to mention pictures on profiles and I get curious. I start to open them and this is what I see. "This is me at some great location on my #300 dive". That's when the tears hit. I'm ready to have my picture taken at some great location underwater....;-0 . Oh, July can't get here soon enough, Cozumel, here I come.....

Hey, I'm in the same boat, too! But don't feel sad, just do what I did and find something else to put in your profile picture for now :)

One day you'll be the one the newbies look at with a jealous eye and say "WOW! You've been there?!" Then you'll launch into one of your hundreds of diving stories about all the cool things you've seen.

BTW, my photo was taken on the Nekton Pilot on the Cay Sal Banks trip. You should put that one on your list!
Ber :bunny:

Thanks for making me feel better rabbit...LOL. You know, people are throwing so many names of places to go, I'm getting lost and I haven't even left my hometown yet...LOL. I've started writing down all the places people have told me about so I can research them. I can't wait to make my first dive report....woohoo.

Hey Ber...

An exposure suit with high heels? I like it! Doesn't look very practical though...

I suppose you could always just kick the fish rather than shooting spears at them though :wink:

I almost signed up for a trip on the Pilot last month (trip is this week or next) but just before I did, my best friend decided to get married in Grand Cayman a few weeks from now. It only took his girlfriend 6 years to get him to finaly propose... So much for diving the Nekton this year. Maybe next year though.

OK, so they aren't really practical (maybe you could poke a shark's eyes out with them), especially on a gently rolling boat! Makes a great conversation starter though!

If you get to go on the Pilot make sure to take dramamine, bonine or something. While they bill it as the "no-seasick" boat is does rock a little bit. We went with another couple and he had to be airlifted off by the Coast Guard because of complications caused by getting sea sick. If you do a lot of boating and don't get sick you should be fine without Dramamine, my fiance was; but I was happy I took the Dramamine because if I look at a boat I get sick. Anyway, the crew is great and the food is AWESOME! Oh and the diving is good too, did I mention the food--YUMMM! I'd recommend a cabin on the same deck as the salon, I thought that was really convenient. If you have any questions just ask, we went on the Cay Sal Banks trip and REALLY enjoyed it.

just relax and enjoy your training and your first dives... have diving in your mind and your cert card wherever you go.. and soon enough you will be in so many different places to dive that you will not even know how !!

Manogr

Originally posted by Ber Rabbit
If you do a lot of boating and don't get sick you should be fine without Dramamine, my fiance was; but I was happy I took the Dramamine because if I look at a boat I get sick. Anyway, the crew is great and the food is AWESOME! Oh and the diving is good too, did I mention the food--YUMMM!
If you have any questions just ask, we went on the Cay Sal Banks trip and REALLY enjoyed it.

Cool, I have never been "motion sick" except I get slightly queezy on certain roller coasters and once from doing high-G turns in a cessna. I guess my ears just don't like much more than one G.

My favorite part of air travel is when the pilot announces turbulence ahead... Wheee!

Do I have any questions? Hmmm... You wouldn't have any single sisters who live/dive in New Jersey would you? :wink: :jester: :wink:

My single sister is in Ohio and says diving isn't something she would enjoy. She does love going boating though and while we haven't been diving off my fiance's boat yet I know who I can get to tend the boat while we enjoy our dive! We always have a 3rd for water skiing too (in Ohio you have to have a spotter)! Actually we're having her fly out and meet us during our honeymoon for the 4 days we'll spend on Lake Powell, gotta have a spotter to ski there too and we're taking the dive gear along just in case the urge strikes! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom