November in Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Mahalo Scubaboarders,

Thank you in advance for your input and advice. I am going to be on Oahu for business in early November and I am considering tacking on a few days of diving. My questions:
  1. In November, how is the diving in Hawaii?
  2. Is the diving on Oahu good enough to satisfy or is it worth a hop to another island?
  3. Which islands/locations are best for diving? Would love some unique experiences like the Manta night dives, or Back Wall or ???, but my taste is pretty easy to satisfy, I just want to see fish! I am a novice diver with about 50 dives, but my diving experience is pretty varied and I consider myself advanced for my experience level.
  4. What are water temps like in November?
  5. Recommendations for good but affordable lodging and dive ops would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all!

---Wes

1) awsome....bring a 3MM
2) both...check out oahu..and if you can kauai, or the big island...
3) all of them pick a target and go for it
4) 70's ish....
5) gabe? chime in anytime buddy

Awwww, man. I posted a response the other day but it didn't list it:

1) Diving is Awesome on Oahu.... wrecks and reefs and turtles and octopus, how can you go wrong?
2) Water temps will be in the 70s so it is something to consider if you are used to diving 80 degree water.
3) Lots of places to stay..... Aqua hotel chain has some recently renovated places in Waikiki that our guests have liked over the years (variety of budgets too).
4) For unique experiences, check out our new Dark Side Dive and feel free to PM me with any other questions you might have....

Mahalo!

G

Thanks, Gabe. The non-divers are pushing Kaua'i, anyone have any thoughts on diving there? Thank you!!!

Hi!

I'm going to piggy-back on this thread too.

My wife (a non-diver) and I (relatively new diving addict) are planning a vacation to Hawaii in November or maybe early December (trying to be on the shoulder season). We're thinking of Kaua'i and The Big Island for a varied experience ecologically. I'm hoping that these two islands will have some excellent diving opportunities. My questions are:
1) Can someone please confirm that I'll get in some great diving off these islands? From the responses above it sounds like good diving abounds.
2) Which areas and/or dive operators are recommended? Are there any anyone would steer me away from? I've just started my research, but would appreciate the thoughts/advice of local or visiting divers.
3) Are there any operators that can cater to novice underwater photographers in terms of dive sights, diver-friendly dives?

Thanks very much,

Chris

Smiley61, I have dove the Big Island, Oahu, and Maui. My dad has dove the Big Island, Maui, and Kauai. The general concensus is that we both prefer the Big Island, with Maui as a close second. Kona diving company will cater to you as a photo bug, so will B&B Scuba on Maui, and Gabe on Oahu. Gabe is a photobug himself, and a great divemaster.

Diving in Oahu is pretty good. And there is a lot to do on the island, same with Maui.

Diving Kauai is pretty excellent, not as much to do on the island. Very lush and pretty. If you can get out to Niihau, I strongly recommend it. Some of the best diving I've had the pleasure of enjoying.

Never dove on the big island, so ill have to tell you next year.

Recommend Gabe on Oahu
Lots of good choices on Maui
Recommend Bubbles Below on Kauai.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom