Notifications glitch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quero

Will be missed
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I suddenly stopped getting email notifications from SB--I don't get them for subscribed threads or PMs. I've checked my permissions and everything seems to be in order.

Is this happening only to me?

Nope my friend, If I get them its usually 3-5 days later and then they come in bunches. I just thought it was a saudi thing

Cheers
Michael

Testing Notification

I've been receiving several instant notifications (since I enabled them an hour ago).

Are you getting any emails from ScubaBoard, it could be an issue of being blocked? Perhaps try changing your registered email to another email account (if you have one) and see if the problem resolves itself. If that solves the problem, then the email you were using is blocking mail from scubaboard.com

I've certainly been getting notifications of my PMs, which is the only notification I have enabled.

I get PM notifications, but my "subscribed threads" email notifications are hit and miss. I haven't found them in my junk mail folder but they definitely aren't getting to me at regular intervals.

I get PM notifications, but my "subscribed threads" email notifications are hit and miss. I haven't found them in my junk mail folder but they definitely aren't getting to me at regular intervals.

Your profile shows your default is "weekly notification" which means it comes once a week. This is done on Monday at 12:30 AM Eastern Time.

The notifications are only for new or updated threads since the last update.

Daily email notifications are sent once a day.

Instant notification isn't really "instant" they are grouped together. This is more efficient for the server... If people posts 10 times before the mail is sent, you only get 1 notification.

Your profile shows your default is "weekly notification" which means it comes once a week. This is done on Monday at 12:30 AM Eastern Time.

Instant notification isn't really "instant" they are grouped together. This is more efficient for the server... If people posts 10 times before the mail is sent, you only get 1 notification.
Yes I know I have my options set to weekly, but they don't actually come weekly. Even threads I know have been active since the previous week... it's not a big deal to me, to be honest, just wanted you good folks to know it isn't quite working the way it's supposed to.

I'm more concerned with the search function, since that's how I keep up with the threads I'm interested in

Hello HowardE,

fjpatrum has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Notifications glitch? - in the Site Support forum of ScubaBoard.

As a reminder, you must use the link to respond to a post. Replies to this message will not be seen by the poster nor will they be amended to the current post.

This thread is located at:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/site-support/408184-notifications-glitch-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by HowardE)---

---End Quote---
Yes I know I have my options set to weekly, but they don't actually come weekly. Even threads I know have been active since the previous week... it's not a big deal to me, to be honest, just wanted you good folks to know it isn't quite working the way it's supposed to.

I'm more concerned with the search function, since that's how I keep up with the threads I'm interested in

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom