Note From Highland Millwork

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Press Release – For Immediate Release
February 14, 2007

I know that many of our loyal customers throughout the diving industry were shocked with the recent announcement that Highland Millwork would be closing after 15 years in business. We have strived to design, refine, and produce a dual cylinder band that is unmatched in the industry. Beyond just building a durable band, our primary focus has always been safety by ensuring uncompromising consistency and exacting tolerance. This has allowed us to provide our customers with the safest and most reliable tank band available.

When we decided to close Highland, several prospective buyers expressed interest in our business designs, assets, and manufacturing techniques. Unfortunately, most of these offers lacked the requisite knowledge and commitment to building the best possible product. At this point in my life, compromising product quality, safety and customer interest, simply wasn’t negotiable. The reputation we’ve worked hard to build meant more to me than financial reward.

I am pleased to announce that XS Scuba, Inc. will purchase the assets of Highland Millwork and will continue to supply the Highland tank bands. XS Scuba has demonstrated the character and commitment that I was looking for in a buyer. They have a commitment to continuous product improvement and an exemplary record of customer satisfaction. After hours of discussion and after reviewing their manufacturing capabilities, I am comfortable in XS Scuba becoming the new Highland Millwork. The quality that made Highland Millwork the industry standard will continue to be available through XS Scuba.

The remaining Highland tank band inventory has been transferred to XS Scuba and they are ready to fulfill your requirements. They can be reached toll free at 866.977.2822.

I thank you all, many of whom I’ve spoken with personally through the years, for your support of Highland Millwork. I’m sure you will continue to extend the same trust and confidence to the new Highland management that you have extended to me these past 15 years.

Safe diving.

Joe McGrath

I for one am glad to hear that everything is going to work out. :) I love my tank bands!

Joe McGrath:
Press Release – For Immediate Release
February 14, 2007

I know that many of our loyal customers throughout the diving industry were shocked with the recent announcement that Highland Millwork would be closing after 15 years in business. We have strived to design, refine, and produce a dual cylinder band that is unmatched in the industry. Beyond just building a durable band, our primary focus has always been safety by ensuring uncompromising consistency and exacting tolerance. This has allowed us to provide our customers with the safest and most reliable tank band available.

When we decided to close Highland, several prospective buyers expressed interest in our business designs, assets, and manufacturing techniques. Unfortunately, most of these offers lacked the requisite knowledge and commitment to building the best possible product. At this point in my life, compromising product quality, safety and customer interest, simply wasn’t negotiable. The reputation we’ve worked hard to build meant more to me than financial reward.

I am pleased to announce that XS Scuba, Inc. will purchase the assets of Highland Millwork and will continue to supply the Highland tank bands. XS Scuba has demonstrated the character and commitment that I was looking for in a buyer. They have a commitment to continuous product improvement and an exemplary record of customer satisfaction. After hours of discussion and after reviewing their manufacturing capabilities, I am comfortable in XS Scuba becoming the new Highland Millwork. The quality that made Highland Millwork the industry standard will continue to be available through XS Scuba.

The remaining Highland tank band inventory has been transferred to XS Scuba and they are ready to fulfill your requirements. They can be reached toll free at 866.977.2822.

I thank you all, many of whom I’ve spoken with personally through the years, for your support of Highland Millwork. I’m sure you will continue to extend the same trust and confidence to the new Highland management that you have extended to me these past 15 years.

Safe diving.

Joe McGrath

A good move for Highland, its dealers, and consumers. XS Scuba is a quality crowd of people. They will make sure that the Highland quality lives on.

Phil Ellis

Great news! I was worried about that! I have had outstanding results from XS Scuba's customer service... they really stand behind their products.

I am happy to hear of the continuance of the products. I know it takes dedication and committment to produce such high quality and this arrangement is a tremendous assurance of an ongoing supply of beautiful bands.

I am so happy to hear that Highland Bands will continue to be available. Having seen others, I have no desire to buy anything else.

Good luck to you Joe, and your family, whatever comes next; thanks for the awesome SCUBA gear!

Only 23 diving days until Rec Triox.....

Hey Doubledip. Just wanted to say hi. I met you last year in Seattle. I'm wvdiver's wife. Finally got my certification. We were in Bonaire in November and we're going to Key Largo in April. It's awesome. Hi to you, too TS&M ! Now I know what everyone is so enthused about!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom