Not "technically oriented" enough for Advanced Scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There have been some great points in this thread that the staff and I have been discussing. Basically, people want to ask questions without being accosted for not diving just like someone else. There seems to be a competition among a few here to be the snarkiest poster and then to justify it by stating that they are only speaking their minds.

:gans:​

I just don't buy it and there just isn't any need for it. To that end, I have created a couple of smilies in addition to the :gans: one above. One is a rehash of a wonderful Monty Python joke and the other just expresses the desires of at least two people in this thread. You can find them under our smilies list or just type the code beneath them to make them appear in your threads.

:sinq:

:sinq:

:nopile:

:nopile:

Please remember: if you feel that a post violates the letter or the spirit of the ToS: REPORT IT. It doesn't matter if it's a moderator or another user, just hit that
report.gif
button and tell us why YOU think it violates the ToS. Don't start an argument about it and become a part of the problem. Just report it. Let's be frank: snarky posts violate the ToS. So does harassment, dogpiling, bullying and taking a thread off topic. The last is especially true if it's YOUR thread (you made the original post). This is YOUR forum and this is one of the best ways to let us know when it's not meeting your needs.

Obviously, you don't need to hit the
report.gif
button just because you disagree with someone. It's for when you see someone cross the line from trying to discuss to trying to badger you to accept their way as the only way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom