Not quite DIR but . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since I missed this threads tangent on diving solo, let me add to my post ablve that I do dive with a buddy.. and he also has a pony bottle. If something happens, he or I can go to our own pony as a backup.. and we both then go up. If need be, we can share our pony... and we do practice that too.

ok, now back to your regularly schedule DIR debate. :D

Ty

Originally posted by Aviatrr
Trust me, I'm not the only one. I have confidence in my abilities, and know the risks.

Ever really think about how often you are diving solo, even though you may have a buddy in the same ocean/cave?

Mike

You're right, you're not the only one. I also dive this way. Even though there are other people in the area, I rarely have a specific buddy. I prefer it that way.

Tom

about not having a trustworthy buddy, I would agree that diving solo would be better then diving with someone that is going to be likely to be cause more problems then they could solve. I guess I kinda take it for granted that I have a dive buddy that I do all my diving with and know I can really on, if that wasn't the case (like if I ever had the money to go on a trip) I can see how being by yourself could even be safer then diving with someone dangerous. That being said I still feel that anyone that doesn't have I good dive buddy should be looking for one rather then just thinking the can get by by them selves, maybe you can do 3000 dives by yourself and never have a problem, but if you do someday have something go wrong that you can't take care of by yourself it is sure nice to know that there is someone down there looking out for you.
One last thing, I did not mean to offend anyone with my previous comment about strokes, nor do I mean to offend anyone with this post, I am just expressing my opinion and hope we can discuss the issue with me accidentally pissing anyone of.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom