Not happy about computer problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wristshot:
Gary,

I use an Aeris computer, and I have not had any significant problems with it. I have an Atmos 2. Of course it is my back up computer so I only have a half dozen dives on it.

I love the console, and I love the knife at the back of the console. I love it so much I converted my Oceanic Versa Pro to the Aeris console.

The only thing I dislike is that the ascent rate measurements are really sensitive. Just pulling the console up to look at it can register an alarm for ascending too fast.
Wristshot

I use the Atmos II also, and I was curious about the ascent rate concern. What is your sampling rate set at? I think I may have increased my setting for this and may want to back it back down.

I use the Atmos 2 (wrist mount) and haven't had a single problem with it. The buttons are easy to use underwater too. I do have a tendancy to come up the last 30 feet a little too fast for my computer. We were always trained 60 ft/min but the Atmos 2 does 30 ft/min. I haven't tried to figure out if you can change it or not. I'd rather err on the side of safety. Otherwise, very happy with it.

I was told by another equipment manufacturer rep that the single button computers like Aeris/Sherwood/Genesis/Oceanic (pretty much all the same) have a 60% failure rate .

Obviously, that can be taken for hearsay since it came from another company but my experience is it's probably pretty close when you factor in mistakes made when changing batteries and subsequent floods.

Back
Top Bottom