Not happy about computer problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Is anyone using Aeris computers?

We have some AERIS 300G units and I want to know what you don't like before I say what our problem is.

Gary D.

Gary:

I use an Aeris 500ai for my recreational diving set-up. My biggest problem I have is it is too complicated for my feeble mind to remember how to use it. I simply do not dive often enough to remember all of the button commands.

Can't say on a 300.

Dan

Gary,

I use an Aeris computer, and I have not had any significant problems with it. I have an Atmos 2. Of course it is my back up computer so I only have a half dozen dives on it.

I love the console, and I love the knife at the back of the console. I love it so much I converted my Oceanic Versa Pro to the Aeris console.

The only thing I dislike is that the ascent rate measurements are really sensitive. Just pulling the console up to look at it can register an alarm for ascending too fast.

Not familar with the 300G, so I suspect this info is of little value.

Wristshot

A friend of mine has an Aeris that's been sent back to the manufacturer's three times for problems with the PC download software and has failed twice on dives. If you're having the software problems, I am pretty sure they've come up with a patch to fix it, though.

I like it very much! Have not had any problems at all,I have read here about some issues, but mine has worked flawlessly..?

My dad has one and occasionaly he has some weird things happen but mostly all of his 'problems' have been setting it wrong. I've used it a little and I like the big screen and buttons as opposed to contacts (which I can't use worth a flip).

Ok, here is our problem.

We do a dive or several and everything is ok. but put the gear away and a day or two later the batteries are dead.

At first we thought they were staying on in the cars so we made nice little containers to protect them but that didn't work.

We have tried everything to cure the problem but it is still the same.

All of the team except two of us using Aladin's use them.

And I'm getting upset about the company,s action.

Gary D.

Aeris has recalled several dive computers. The serial numbers of the affected dive computers are as follows:

Aeris Savant: Serial #0001 - 1779
Atmos Pro & Atmos Sport 100S & 300G: Serial nos computers serial #0001 - 5999
Contact Aeris or call an authorized Aeris dealer to arrange factory servicing.

We reported on this a while back in The Wet Gazette. We are still offering free subscriptions at www.thewetgazette.com.

Mark Phillips
Editor / Publisher
The Wet Gazette

I recently had my Aeris sport fail while on a trip(luckily I had a back-up). I contacted Aeris and they replaced my old computer with a brand new Atmos 2 for 85.00 along with a new console to fit it all in. I found them to be very helpful on the phone and the new computer arrived with-in 1 week. Did I mention that the old computer was out of warranty by THREE years. I say good on Aeris for their excellant customer service! The downside...I find their computers to be a bit liberal for my style of diving and would like to see them incorporate user parameters for dive settings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom