not a shearwater fan ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been diving Oceanic for many years

I love my Oceanic Pro Plus 2.x. Very easy to use, Nitrox settings take seconds. And it is the ONLY piece of equipment I originally purchased after certification I have not upgraded. I just purchased the wife a Proplus 3 and I think I prefer my 2.

That being said, if Santa's elves will get off their Canadian butts and build me a Perdix AI, that would be really good too. I'll probably break down and buy one as long as my wife doesn't find out.

Until then, I really like my Oceanic...and no way to lose it either.

Jay

I think the compass could be better. It is on the Teric, but I don't own one of those. The traditional style compass is more to my liking, as in more of a top view. The Petrel is side view, which I have never really adopted. So much so that I still bring a traditional compass on dives that have navigation to them.

That's about the only part I am not a fan of.

I think the compass could be better. It is on the Teric, but I don't own one of those. The traditional style compass is more to my liking, as in more of a top view. The Petrel is side view, which I have never really adopted. So much so that I still bring a traditional compass on dives that have navigation to them.

+1 I am not loving the compass on the Petrel. In a drysuit i really cant hold the computer in the direction of travel, but 90 degrees off. This makes it very difficult to hold an accurate bearing. i need to look into a Teric as a backup and compass.

This thread is about NOT Shearwater.

+1 I am not loving the compass on the Petrel. In a drysuit i really cant hold the computer in the direction of travel, but 90 degrees off. This makes it very difficult to hold an accurate bearing. i need to look into a Teric as a backup and compass.

This thread is about NOT Shearwater.

:p

Back
Top Bottom