Northern Diver Exhaust Valve Leaking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Closing it a few clicks should work. I usually have mine open, in my bag suit I rarely touch it and count on position to keep the air in but the neoprene is so much easier to maneuver in that I have to turn it down sometimes, like yesterday swimming on my back to get a shot of these clowns
View attachment 621935 View attachment 621936

Gosh that looks awesome. I just realized yet one more thing has been added to my diving bucket list.

edit: forgot about the exhaust valve for a second, lol. I'll turn it down a few and go from there. Thanks!

If I get around to it I'll pull it back apart and maybe stretch the spring a hair.

If you ever make it to the west coast I can arrange the sea lion show but no guarantee on the viz.

I'm not sure what is considered "bad viz"? It's so subjective. I just got back from NC and was told the viz wasn't that great inshore, only 50':rofl3:

To me it was amazing. I'm pretty happy if I can make out the color of my fins or see my buddies light in the fog.

Either way, I'm greatly appreciative of the invite. I will for sure take you up on it one day....I'll even ante up for that round I owe you!

Reactions: Zef
I'm not sure what is considered "bad viz"? It's so subjective. I just got back from NC and was told the viz wasn't that great inshore, only 50':rofl3:

To me it was amazing. I'm pretty happy if I can make out the color of my fins or see my buddies light in the fog.

Either way, I'm greatly appreciative of the invite. I will for sure take you up on it one day....I'll even ante up for that round I owe you!
Yesterday was 30+ viz which is about as good as it gets here 1/2 of that is good 1/3 is normal good, sea lions shooting out of the gloom can be disconcerting at times of lower viz.

Back
Top Bottom