Northern Channel Islands out of Ventura

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divin'Papaw

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I are planning a trip to Ventura in July '07 to visit family. I would love to get into a couple of days of diving while I'm there. Her brother lives in Ventura. What recommendations do you SoCal divers have for diving the Northern Channel Islands out of Ventura Harbor?

On July 28th we'll be having our monthly Mo2vation Boat Dive which goes to the Northern Channel Islands in this month.

It would be a nice opportunity to meet a bunch of the SoCal ScubaBoard group, but I'm not sure what dates you are planning to be here.

The Raptor, The Peace and The Spectre are 3 good boats to consider for that area.

Christian

That's easy: Peace, Spectre, Raptor, Explorer.

http://californiadiveboats.com/

Anacapa and Santa Cruz common destinations. Santa Rosa and San Miguel can be a little wild. Great diving at Anacapa.

Jim

I'm a big fan of the Peace.

My kid measures everything in terms of the Peace, e.g. not as good as the Peace, nearly as good as the Peace, about as good as the Peace (this last in reference to a 100,000 ton cruise ship).

Great info guys. Thanks. I've been checking out the websites for the various charters and now I'm starting to really get excited!

Love the Peace, the Explorer is a great boat too, but I haven't been on the others. I know a DM on the Raptor though. You can't miss.

If you can, dive San Miguel! My favorite island, but one of the hardest to get to.

-Francis

I did Santa Rosa, Santa Cruz and Anacapa on the Spectre in Sept. Had a great time...Going back in June!!

robint:
we are planning on heading back out to Calif in mid-March, probably to try out Catalina shore diving.

robint
Hi Robin,

There will be a bunch of us on Catalina for our monthly Wrinkles Shore Dive on Catalina March 10th. Many of us will stay the weekend and do a Post Wrinkles Boat Dive on Sunday before returning to the mainland.

If this fits your planned schedule, you are certainly welcome to join us!

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom