Northern CA Lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The shop is Adventure Scuba in Reno. Water at the Lake this last weekend was 39 degrees F at Sand Harbor, 42 degrees at Hurricane.

All the best, James

Thanks James
I guess Mark needs to buy some drysuits for rental.
AJS

You might reach out to see what instructor's in the Rockies do during winter. If you are an Instructor or DM you can post in the Instructor subforum.
I was looking for info for a Tahoe trip later this year and stumbled upon this. While the ocean would be closer, you are about 350+ miles from anything we dive in the winter. You have Blue Lake along I-80 just south of Wendover, NV which is 73 degF (geothermal) in the winter or you head to the southwest corner of Utah near St. George and dive Sandhollow which would be 50-60 in the winter. You would probably be a bit closer to Lake Mead going that way.

I was looking for info for a Tahoe trip later this year and stumbled upon this. While the ocean would be closer, you are about 350+ miles from anything we dive in the winter. You have Blue Lake along I-80 just south of Wendover, NV which is 73 degF (geothermal) in the winter or you head to the southwest corner of Utah near St. George and dive Sandhollow which would be 50-60 in the winter. You would probably be a bit closer to Lake Mead going that way.

Thanks. Some of the guys from the shop have done the Blue Lake thing and it worked out OK. If you need any info on Tahoe diving let me know.
AJS

I too have the issue of teaching in the winter - 1 hour west of Lake Tahoe. If you are going to use Folsom, you have to make sure there is water. I use Negro Bar as well. I was interested in the warmer water as well... Let me know what you find. For now, it will be business as usual.

Back
Top Bottom