North Fla Solo Friendly Sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is no such thing as a "solo friendly" site. They will all kill you if given the chance. It might be better phrased as "Dive sites that allow solo diving"?

Non of the State owned sites will allow solo diving and if you get caught you can be permanently banned from access to all State sites, so please don't try them.

There are several other sites that you can dive solo. Little River, Ginnie, Cow, Telford are just a few of them.

Just remember this:
THE ONLY WAY TO DIVE SOLO SAFELY, IS TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT DIVING WITH AN IDIOT !!!

Ginnie only allows solo if you are full cave.

Might wanna take those restrictions as a hint..
Dive locations dont tend to turn people away just for fun..

Sorry guys, being full cave and a NSS-CDS member, I sometimes take these things for granted that others are also.

Reactions: Jax
I just remember how the other cave divers were so helpful and willing to share knowledge and insight when I first got trained and was there to dive. I think back to that time and do remember there was some reluctance to talk about solo diving until people got to know me a bit and figured out that I was not a complete idiot (some might still argue that point). It was not long at all and I had made a great many new friends and dive buddies. Many from distant parts of the world and a few from a block away from my house that I never know prior to. Sometimes it is just nice for me to return the favors to others.

I just remember how the other cave divers were so helpful and willing to share knowledge and insight when I first got trained and was there to dive. I think back to that time and do remember there was some reluctance to talk about solo diving until people got to know me a bit and figured out that I was not a complete idiot (some might still argue that point). It was not long at all and I had made a great many new friends and dive buddies. Many from distant parts of the world and a few from a block away from my house that I never know prior to. Sometimes it is just nice for me to return the favors to others.

The issue is Swampy is not trained to be in overheads. Then Swampy posts this:

NOBODY SAID A DANG THING ABOUT DIVING IN A CAVE OR CAVERN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then this:

peering into the cavern you could see nothing but an ashy gray abyss.. That cavern is creepy.

Swampy has also posted several comments in other threads implying training isn't needed.

As you probably know attitude is a major factor in overhead training when it comes to issuing a certification. I've not only withheld certifications because of attitude, but I've also refused to schedule classes with students after long conversations where I determined attitude wasn't going to change in a couple of days of training and it wasn't going to be worth my time or theirs to even spend that time training. I know there are people out there that think instructors should take all students and try to change their attitude but I've been teaching long enough (not just diving) to know that sometimes people just aren't ready and nothing you do or say will change that.

Just remember this:
THE ONLY WAY TO DIVE SOLO SAFELY, IS TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT DIVING WITH AN IDIOT !!!
I'm stealing this.

Reactions: Jax
At least he knows not to stand under falling cranes...

Back
Top Bottom