North East Pennsylvania dive question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guess its a personal preference!?!

As far as Dutch, it's "ok" with nice facilites. Good for training but I can't call it premiere Much better training areas in the region with a whole lot less of problems associated with it. Also rather pricey, but still something to do for at least a day or two.

Could you list a few of the better training areas?

Thanks folks, I appreciate all the info.

Sohnje, I'll get back to you once I make the move. It will more than likely be to the Scranton area, and sometime in June of next year.

only 9 miles away from the shop, and three blocks to one of the class sites.

I think Raystown is the lake you're thinking about that has a town at the bottom...Not sure what all is there, but I've heard that there are some foundations that are dive-able (no proof or first hand info though)

Dive in PA all year? Haven't tried it, yet, that's why I got the dry suit! :)

I always liked Willow Springs better than Dutch. Dutch was always too crowded and a bit pricier. I never had visibility issues at Willow and the only time I didn't at Dutch is when my buddy and I went there on an early morning in November.

I dive at Dutch year round (even though this was first year as a diver). It does get nippy in December. There are other quarries that you can also go ice diving. There are "regulars" that dive on Wednesdays and weekends. Hey, if you can't get out of Dutch, you might as well dive it. The Lehigh River has a train that you can dive. I think I know who "The Mayor" is. I dive with him at Dutch.

I always liked Willow Springs better than Dutch. Dutch was always too crowded and a bit pricier. I never had visibility issues at Willow and the only time I didn't at Dutch is when my buddy and I went there on an early morning in November.

Take a day off work and hit Dutch during the week! It's rather nice actually!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom