North Coast Dive/Camp Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, I'll leave my disdain for him on Hwy1 and will try and make the May trip for sure!

He has been nice a few times then the next time a complete 180.

Mike is a good ranger, you just need to give him minimum respect, and he should reciprocate. He has helped bring down abalone poachers, he helps State Park rangers, and has saved several lives up there. Like diver chick says, there's nobody around up there. He has many years of dealing with drunken, lawbreaking fools under his belt.

Work with him and he'll leave you alone and you'll have a great time.

I dove this cove on NYE and there was 35' visibility and lots of fish. Beautiful place.
Yeah, I wasn't going to mention any names...but if it is the ranger I am thinking it is, I've come to really appreciate and respect him over the years.

Hi Tessa,

Our group will probably be up there that weekend as well. I will make sure to come by and say hello.

We will be there in April, probably at Woodside, but nothing has been decided yet.

Update: I am still going up to Stillwater Campground, but have decided to just stay for the day. The ocean and weather conditions are not cooperating. We will be going to the Ab Opener at Ft Ross, but not staying overnight.

The May 8th trip is still a go. Let me know if you would like to join me for this next dive/camp trip.

I wouldn't mind meeting up with you guys for a day of diving on your May 8th trip to Stillwater, if that's cool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom