North/Central Florida July 10 & 11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James, it was good to meet you and get in two dives for the afternoon. The big sink, catfish hotel looked foreboding as we ducked under, but cleared once we got slightly clear of the duckweed and edge that was stirred up a little as we got in. I checked approx SAC and you were doing very good for a larger guy and still pretty new, and i did better than i thought with my rough calc before - still more improvement yet for this newbie :wink: I was a little careful when getting near the siphon, just in case, didnt want to overshoot my safe distance. It was good fun, particularly riding the outflow again!! However i must remember to eat next time, that might have fueled me up and prevented me from being so cold - sorry that i bailed so early due to that, but i made my little 80 last about 80 mins in those holes, so not too bad at all, even whilst shivering :wink: Made a large change from saturday being in 84F water for the day. I did also enjoy herding the catfish around the outflow area, just like sheep!

It was however a hot day yesterday, not as busy with non-divers as i thought it might be, and we escaped just before the rain came!! I would like to start thinking about next weekend, not sure what plans might come up, we shall see what comes up. I would hope to dive with you again sometime soon James. In some other places we might need to stay a little closer than we did and thankfully the viz held up even though the bottom was covered in silty stuff. I know i need to work on some of that still, its an ongoing battle at times with buoyancy and keeping an eye out for my buddy. It was a good day and i am glad that we both managed to make it out, look forward to the next one :wink:

I have been wanting to check out Catfish & Manatee for a while now. I might try to set something up in the next month or so. Thanks for the trip report. Simon, if I wore the exposure protection you do, I would be shivering inside of TEN minutes, not eighty!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom