North/Central Florida July 10 & 11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Wanderer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For those of us in Florida that can't make it down to Palm Beach/Broward this weekend, any plans around Blue Spring, Ocala, Manatee Springs and the general area Saturday and/or Sunday? :06:

No plans as of yet, but always looking to dive. I live in Ocala, so anyplace within a few houirs would be fine with me.

Sunday afternoon would be good for me, name your place!

Trying to find someone to show me around Manatee SP Sat or Sun. Other locations being considered, too.

Havent been there since december, its not too bad to get to, could make that afternoon - its not as crowded as some of the other springs.

OK..... the schedule is:

Venice pier 10:30 AM Saturday.

Manatee Springs SP Noon Sunday.

James and i are all set, i am going to be there around 12-12.30, if we dont get in due to numbers, then i guess we will go to Blue Grotto and dive with GDI et al. We will meet at the entrance hut if anyone else cares to join us.

Simbrooks.... had a great afternoon diving with you. 78 down feet down with unlimited viz. Vent (hole?) tries to suck you in. Thanks for the warning! We had the Catfish Sink all to ourselves.... with a few fans cheering us on from the banks above !!!

The main spring was a lot of fun, too. Massive schools of catfish, and a vent that really blows you along and around the spring. Two dives, close by, but very different.

Everyone else missed out on a fun day. Let's do it again, soon.

I do LOVE that cool, clear spring water on a HOT Florida summer day !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom