Norte Monday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Latest from Windguru.com shows Sunday to be a very quiet wind day, but growing in the night what looks to me like a moderately strong norte on Monday that could close the port. Anyone thinking of skipping Sunday dives to dive on Monday might want to reconsider.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

ALDORA DIVERS

Latest from Windguru.com shows Sunday to be a very quiet wind day, but growing in the night what looks to me like a moderately strong norte on Monday that could close the port. Anyone thinking of skipping Sunday dives to dive on Monday might want to reconsider.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

ALDORA DIVERS

It's the first major cold front of the season; it's here in Austin now and headed your way.

It came blowing thru DFW around 6AM this morning; I had to break out my 'long johns' for the first time this season. Hopefully the easterly shift occurs prior to Monday AM and the port stays open.
If I was on the island right now I would defiantly be securing a spot with my LDS for the Sunday AM boat and would probably also be trying for the afternoon. I believe this will be Cozumel’s new Captainea de Puerto’s first El Norte, hopefully he will be safe but not go overboard with caution and be unable to make a decision. Last month’s closures for ‘rain’ makes me skeptical but perhaps the meeting, after an angry croud gathered in front of his office, with the dive industry reps last time helped educate him.

We had 50mph wind gusts all night from it. Brace yourselves! Its cold too!

I'm in the DFW, TX area too and it's a fairly dramatic change from the gorgeous weather we've been having lately....they're forecasting our 1st freeze of the 2015 season overnite tonight.

12 degrees F in the northwoods of Wisconsin. Heading into the single digits tonight. The lake has started to freeze over. I really miss Coz.

Up dates this morning look a bit better for Monday, both wind velocity and direction.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Last edited:
Up dates this morning look a bit better for Monday, both wind velocity and direction.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
Reguardless, looking at the El Cid webcam and windguru, today looks like a great day to go diving.

Dear gopbroek,

you got that right!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom