Normal Mares Volo vs volo power

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I currently am using SB twin speed (NEVER BUY THESE FINS!!) They are the softest thing since cotton candy, for me anyway who does mostly shore dives with large waves. I have also tried SB jets and found they seemed kinda heavy, I've heard a lot of good things about quattros light fin or not? I have strong legs and want lots of propulsion for the kick. Force fins?? heard they arent stiff or long enough for heavy surf shore entry?? Any help would he good. thanks guys.OOps guess I kinda strayed from the original thread. sorry

I too am in a fix. I own a pair of split fins. As a new diver, I was convinced by the salesperson to purchase the split fins. Now my friend, who had tried both the split fins and volo power, he was convinced that the volo power is the better one. His wife who tried a volo too, is selling me the idea that the volo is better than the split. She said that she had trouble finning and used up a lot of air when finning in current. When she used the volo, she used much less air. She said that volo is better than the split. Your advise please.

divermania:
I too am in a fix. I own a pair of split fins. As a new diver, I was convinced by the salesperson to purchase the split fins. Now my friend, who had tried both the split fins and volo power, he was convinced that the volo power is the better one. His wife who tried a volo too, is selling me the idea that the volo is better than the split. She said that she had trouble finning and used up a lot of air when finning in current. When she used the volo, she used much less air. She said that volo is better than the split. Your advise please.
All I can say is that if you decide on the Volos make sure you buy the power Volos because the original ones are not good in a current. I have been reading that the Tigers are good in a current but I don't know how hard they are on the legs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom