Norfork

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We had a good time diving Norfork last week. We got there just as all the storms were coming in. During the week, the lake rose 30 feet. The vis had been very good just before we got there, but started to drop in the run off areas. We did get several dives near the dam with about 30’ of vis. They were especially interesting because of all the flooded forest. The water was so clear you felt like you were gliding thru the woods. All the trees and bushes had green leaves, which was very different from the dead trees that you normally find under water.
Snagle and I were tied off to some trees near shore, having lunch, when a game warden approached us out of nowhere to interrogate us about spear fishing. He had a hard time believing that anyone would be diving this time of year with out a good reason. After boarding our boat and not finding any spear fishing equipment he was satisfied. I’m not sure what the penalty for spear fishing out of season is, but I’m glad we didn’t have to find out the hard way.
All in all it was a great week of diving. The lake is quickly mucking up right now, so I’m not sure what the diving is going to be like in the near future. I would advise anyone going down soon to try right by the dam.
I would also advise anyone diving Norfork to use Jordan Marina. They are great people who will really take care of you. They specialize in diving and have a full dive shop. They can fill about a half a dozen tanks and a time.

Yep Dan and Denise are supper great people! they have done so much for the Marina since they bought it back in '98 or '99 I dont recall witch :idk:

If you go into their shop as you enter the door, on the left you will see a photo of what the Marina lookied like before they took it over.

They will always greet you with a smile at Jordan! :D

yes I'll be their with a buddy or three.

Nope our plans are to get wet haha. and sure always looking for another diver. what are your plans?

The only plans I have made so far is just getting a place to stay lined up for Saturday and Sunday night. I have went out on the boat with Denise, but I'm not sure if they will be going out that weekend. I have dove the 1A wrecks, VW van, and several others in that area. I'm basically just want to test out a wetsuit and get some dives in.

SURE SURE. Have you looked into the cabins up from Jordan? We also like to camp their to. Im going to try and rangle my brothers boat that is their or just use a buddy of mine.

Yes. I have the small cabin not far from the Jordan Marina. It was the only one available. I've stayed there before when I took a Nitrox and Drysuit class from Dan and Denise. We can exchange numbers if you want.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom