Norfork dive conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Frogman had a good idea on his feb 8th post, in when people went diving in their local area's to post their findings.
here's my two cents worth!

date: 19 jan 09
viz: 5-6 not very good for this time of the year
serface temp: 44 about average
bottom temp: 44 a lil warm for this time of year
activity: dive on the old U.S. 62 bridge

I normaly dive a lot on this lake and would have about 15 ta 20 dives by now ...but with having a cold and a killer ice storm im behind par! but im getting ready to hit it hard starting with Beaver lake and points around and will post these as well!
hope to here from others in the area and fellow states happy diving!

Go to midwestmuckdiving.com for diver updates on local midwest dive spots including the two you mentioned in your post.

Jordan Marina on Lake Norfork is showing 54 degrees and 22' vis on their website.

It looks like Lake Norfork, Ar is really starting to clear up. Jordan Marina website is showing 60 degrees and 45' vis. Im taking off work and heading down Friday.

I dove the bluffs Saturday 5-9-09. Friday night Lake Norfork received 2" of rain. Even after that, I still had 25' vis on the surface and about 40' from 25' down. Any site that has steep walls on the bank is probably your best bet for now until things settle out again. The lake is still in good shape after the Friday storms and worth the trip. The folks at Jordan Marina will set you up with the directions to best spots and hook you up with anything else you might need for your dive trip.

Back
Top Bottom