Norfolk area diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John512

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I may be going within ~30 minutes of Norfolk this weekend (I will be north of it so not interested in Virginia beach) and wondering if anybody had any suggestions on diving. I looked and there are a few dive shops and operations but I will be going down there without a buddy, still working on find some regular dive buddies in the area :)

I also only have my OW which seemed to complicate it somewhat. That being said most of my dives are 60'+ with a few below 100' and 3 night dives so unless they strictly want AOW I should be fine.

Thanks for any suggestions!

With only being 30 mins from Norfolk, Va. Beach is the only & probably the best game in town.
Unless you're looking for at least a 2-3 hour ride to hit Nags Head or Cape Hatteras.
Lynnhaven runs a nice big boat & do a lot of shallower type dives for the newer diver, but they also run to some deep stuff for those of us that like that kind of stuff. Finding a buddy is never a problem on their boat. Check out their site Lynnhaven Dive Center - scuba diving lessons classes equipm
Also Dive Quarters runs a boat that carries 6 & will not limit your diving depth. You know better than anyone what you can do. Their site also will list their schedule.
Diving Lessons Virginia Beach | Scuba Lessons Virginia Beach | Learn Scuba | PADI Diving Classes
I wish I had known earlier, we have a private boat going tomorrow with 1 spot still open, depth will be 100ish, I plan on doing 1 long dive, probably 75 min BT, but would have split it to 2 dives to buddy with you.

Back
Top Bottom