Noobie! Sort of... ;p

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok....jet fins. Not going to happen. The military bought them all up.lol but i did find the hollis fins. Same thing for the most part. Thoughts?

The Hollis fins are excellent. They kick a little differently than the jets, but the foot pocket is such a significantly better design that it's worth the adjustment (IMO). I find that an effective back kick requires a little more precision in the Hollis fins, but it's not a big deal. Conversely though, a flutter on the surface is a LOT more comfortable since your whole foot is in the pocket.

OK...i ended up getting Hollis F1 Adjustable Spring Strap Fins since the jet fins are sold out everywhere and they are not sold on-line:confused:! Going to the pool! LOL

Last edited:
They are kinda stiff though..Not sure if i like them. Will the sole of my boot affect the comfort of the fins? I have a medium sole. Think my boot where too tight as well. Taking them back tomorrow. "the Boots"Bare 7mm Coldwater Medium Sole Zipper Boots. She gave me size 8. I'm a 9.5 she said they run big. Well 8 was not big enough. for my let foot anyway.. LOL

They are kinda stiff though..Not sure if i like them.

I can tell you that if you find the Hollis fins stiff, you will not find relief in a pair of Jets. :)

You get used to them. Any stiff fin is going to be an adjustment going from splits, but the benefits in terms of thrust (getting going from a stop, or swimming in current) and precise control are significant.

Ya...i understand completely! Fins are a keeper. They are made good and well...seem to thrust like a mother grabber..LOL

Ab diving can be simple or complex, depending on your goals. If you are looking to just get back in the water then most any gear will serve the purpose. I've seen someone successfully ab dive in a drysuit and split fins. Technique is key for gaining depth and bottom time and your equipment plays a role it that. I was diving with a friend this last weekend and he uses Hollis F1 when on scuba but wouldn't think of using them when free diving. Not that they won't work well, it's just what your goals are. If you are looking for more than just getting back into it, like hunting 10" abs, I suggest you check out the below link. I'm not a member but know a few of them and they are a very welcoming bunch and would be willing to provide advice as well as taking you out.

Cheers

http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/

I just bought the fins. Don't think I'm going to buy another pair. A bit stiff..but seem to be a all around fin. Why would your friend not think of using them for ab diving? Ill give them a shout! Thanks

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom